25/06 for lopes

m1fan

Very Active Member
Just acquired a Rem. SPS in 25/06. Any recommendations on a load for both deer and antelope? Thinking about the Nosler Accubond. What powder does it like? Topping her with a Leupold VX-III 4.5x14 B&C reticle.

My friend loves his 25-06, perfect for antelope. Loads seem to be gun specific, try the range first with another bullet or weight to see what works.
Jeff

Combo Load for a 25/06 hrm that is pretty much wide open question. either way depends. Lets see with the Nosler Bullets 115gr partitions being pushed by 51.5 grns of IMR 4831 is a pretty viscious load. It is like the hammer of thor out to about 500 in the hands of a capable shooter. New bullet out is the 110gr accubond may want to look into that bullet. Barnes also has a Triple shock out in the 115gr that is pretty incredible as well. But for deer and lope's I would stick with the 115gr. bullet. But as was stated each bullet performs differently out of these guns so I would say get a bunch of different ones and see which ones it patterns best but start at the 115's.

Dave

Only one load for my 25, 57 gr. of reloader 19, and topped with a 87 gr sierra. it's super mean. also use to shoot the 87 gr. berger, but the hard jacket expands a little slower. If shot through the sholder, dead on impact, if shot behind then they may go 20 or 30 yards, but the slug will hold together great, and leave an exit hole about 1" in dia.

NVMDF

I have some of the 110 Accubonds on order as well as some 100 gr. TSXs. Powder on hand is H4350/4831/Varget, RL19&22, IMR 4350, and some VV. I have the 115 Partitions on the way as well.

No need for the heavy jacket on the accubond and tripple shock slugs. your dealing with a gun designed to deliver everything it has. you want to leave every bit of energy possible inside that animal. Not to mention, some of the older 25-06 guns have a different twist, and may not shoot the longer bullet well. go with the 87 gr. sierra, and you may never shoot another rifle at deer or antelope.

NVMDF

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom