243 bullet continued...

travishunter3006

Very Active Member
So, to wrap up a great Saturday hunting and shooting trip, My wife busted a jack rabbt today with my 22 marlin model 20 squirrel beater running at proabably 40 yards. I was happier than ever.

the weather turne south on us, so we headed back to the truck just in time for the weather to break. I pulle out her .243 and shot sent a couple rounds down range at 100 yards at a giant cow pie ball. watching that bullet rip and explode through that chun of crap was hilarious (I'm still growing up sorry). Then as was suggested by some, i pulled out my model 1917 eddystone 30-06 and had her send some winchester 180gr xp3's. I thought that she really wouldn't be able to handel it, but with a good wussy pad, she shot it like a champ.

So, Long winded thread short, we are going with the winchester xp3 95gr 243 and the same 180gr xp3's for the 30-06. The only draw back is that I have to carry the gun because in her own words " If you want me to hunt, you have to carry my gun! It's too darn heavy!"

thanks for the advice.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

Looks like you guys came to the right conclusion. Good luck with getting that elk! Hopefully you will be carrying more than just her rifle before it is over.

Dang, If I had known YOU shot an Eddystone, I would never have been so hard on you!

I have MANY choices of rifles, but the Eddystone my Grandfather gave me for Christmas in 1958, is still my "go to" big game shooter.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

That's great to hear Travis and I'm glad I was able to help you a little! Now all you need to do is get those tags and have her practice a little until it's time to get after those critters! Good luck man!!!

I think that you will be happy with that decision come crunch time. Good luck to your lady.

Bought my gun when I was 14 at the gun show in ogden. It was surplus and never fired, still covered in what seemed to be petroleum jelly. Only cost me 145 bucks.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom