.223?

X

XxMW2xSNIPERxX

i want to get a .223 bolt action but i can only afford $200-$350 any suggestions?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-10 AT 04:45PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-10 AT 02:21?PM (MST)

If you are serious about hunting - save your money. If you really just want a cheap rifle to throw bullets down range, maybe kill a rabbit or two and don't care to make any kind of investment, look into a Stevens. They are made by Savage - so pretty decent quality and will function. They are in that price range and you can get a decent Bushnell scope to go with it and stay under $350. With rifles, as with most other things, you get what you pay for.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I would rather get a used quality rifle than a cheap new gun. You can find something nice for $300-$350 if you shop around and are patient enough to wait for a good deal. You will always find a better deal from someone who needs money quickly if you take the time.

i have the Stevens rifle in .223 and think it is well worth the money. especially being a so called budget rifle. i was in your same boat and pondered wether to buy it or wait and save. don't regret it one bit. Spent just as much on my scope. like what was said, it is the old model savage with out the accu-trigger.

"the MUTTMAN"

I quite like my 2 savage rifles. Very accurate, not the nicest finished product but if your looking for a rifle to use that's the one I would buy. I don't want to scratch it but if I do I'm not as mad as I would be with a browning or higher end Remington.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

For 300-350 bucks I'D shop around for a good used ruger mk II, COMES with rings, (should anyway) AND they are good shooters. I've owned two of them, but traded them off for other stuff.(dummey).

maybe you should consider this handgun instead.....
3454pistol.jpg

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Be careful buying a used rifle in a cartridge like .223. Sometimes a LOT of rounds may have passed through it. mtmuley

Thats the "Politician" Model 1911A1. They should be standard issue for most politicians and all anti-gunners!

Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

Stevens

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

My son won a stephens 223 bolt action at the utah state youth hunt in 2009 i tried talking him into trading it in and i would pay the difference on a rem 700 22-250 he wouldnt even budge so we scoped it and went out and sighted it in ive seen shooters in my day and this is one of them ive had to change my outlook thus far on the savage name so far .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom