2024 Oregon buck scores 210

Great deer but it’s still pretty warm. Why start measuring and gawking at it for so long? I guess we are all different. Meat care is a top priority for me and far more important than worrying about the size.

Many will say it doesn’t matter though.

Yeah I was thinking for an auction tag you would think they would have better equipment to film with. Looks like a Vortex spotter to me. lol

That amount of time will have no effect on the meat.

Great buck but I don't think I'd have taken him with that tag at the beginning of the season, it goes until the end of November , the guys that buy the equivalent tag usually kill a monster. but they do spend some money on help.

Still a nice buck anyway you look at it.

Some people do have to work for a living. May not have all season to get it done. A very nice buck that I’m sure everyone on this site would like to have hanging on there wall. Love those shooting sticks he was using. I have an identical set that a coyote hunter from NW Colorado used to make.

That amount of time will have no effect on the meat.

Great buck but I don't think I'd have taken him with that tag at the beginning of the season, it goes until the end of November , the guys that buy the equivalent tag usually kill a monster. but they do spend some money on help.

Still a nice buck anyway you look at it.
What? Temps were probably mid 80s at least. Every minute counts at those temps. It’s not like they killed the animal when it was 45 degrees out…….

To each their own though.

What? Temps were probably mid 80s at least. Every minute counts at those temps. It’s not like they killed the animal when it was 45 degrees out…….

To each their own though.
Not really, even after they start bloating the meat will be fine as long as you get it cooled out. I've had to deal with enough unfortunate situations with cattle to know what you can and can't get away with. and they cool a lot slower than a tiny deer carcass.

I'm not saying it's a good practice to screw around before you get them cooling out ,but what they did won't have any effect on the quality of the meat.

So many negative douches around here! With their almighty opinions and righteous self tuned ethics. This guy was obviously not hunting for meat! No one needs a meat prep lecture from a jealous tmat on a hunting forum. Some people hunt for the thrill and the chase, could care little for the meat, absolutely nothing wrong with that, as long as we follow by the same rules and laws.

I want to say THANK YOU for posting the adventure. Their are few left you do so because of wanker forum ball busters who think that hiding behind the "meat eater" facade is what hunting is supposed to be. I enjoy elk/vension as much as anybody but that's not why I go hunting. I like the chase and the challenge of getting the biggest animal I can.... not a damn thing wrong with that!!! And to those who think there is, bugger back off to the meat eater show.

A very cool hunt. I understand the difficulty in even finding a buck in SE Oregon. I just had an antelope hunt in Whitehorse and in was great. I gave all the meat to a buddy, never even tried it. I don't need your lectures as to how good lope meat is, that's not what I'm into, I love to hunt! I topped of my trip with a 12oz piece of prime rib at ringside and absolutely loved it.

Unfortunately negative tmats with thier tuned ethic rehtoric is ruining many sites like this, making it intimidating to post stories and pics/videos. Just be known, there are many like me who love to HUNT like you, well done sir, most excellent buck! I would love to know what unit lol PM me if you're bored. Thank you for posting. The stank talkers on this thread are the type that need to be banned if there is to be a future to MM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom