2024 Lasal mtns spike/cow

Firescott1

So 4 of us just hunted the Lasal mtns for the Oct 5th opening. All 4 of us had cow tags and spike tags. Did not see a single elk in 4 days… what’s even more insane.. we did not hear a single gunshot for the first 3 days of the opening. How can this be?? We covered the entire east side from passes to juniper desert and in between. Guess what I read about Redds holding all the elk is sadly true. DWR should not issues tags there.

I Used to hunt Redds, true it holds alot of elk during the hunting seasons. Theres places the elk cross onto public, but people need to actually walk and be waiting.
If the DWR didnt issue tags for the cwmu, think how elk wouldnt come off the private for sure.

So 4 of us just hunted the Lasal mtns for the Oct 5th opening. All 4 of us had cow tags and spike tags. Did not see a single elk in 4 days… what’s even more insane.. we did not hear a single gunshot for the first 3 days of the opening. How can this be?? We covered the entire east side from passes to juniper desert and in between. Guess what I read about Redds holding all the elk is sadly true. DWR should not issues tags there.
You covered all that country super thoroughly in 4 days, huh?

Sounds like you were on the move trying to road hunt. That can work, but isn't very effective in my experience for that area of the La Sal unit. You'd have been much better off sticking to one chunk and walking, sitting, and waiting

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom