2024 Drawn Out Reports?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
With the tag reduction, reduction in NR tags, and pending season date changes, point creep will be interesting. But, not much we can do about it.

Anyone know when CO DNR typically publishes the Drawn Out reports?

Wow! There are some pretty ridiculous numbers in there. 24+ points for a unit 40 archery tag! It looks like a lot of high point holders are just dumping out of the game. I am so screwed at this point sitting on 17 elk points and there is nothing I am interested in using them on now that I live in WY and can get a general tag every year. If CO point averaged I would just go in on a hunt with my son so he could hunt, but they don't. It's looking like I need to just dump them on a hunt I don't even want to go on, or figure on giving CO $ for another decade or 2.

Wow! There are some pretty ridiculous numbers in there. 24+ points for a unit 40 archery tag! It looks like a lot of high point holders are just dumping out of the game. I am so screwed at this point sitting on 17 elk points and there is nothing I am interested in using them on now that I live in WY and can get a general tag every year. If CO point averaged I would just go in on a hunt with my son so he could hunt, but they don't. It's looking like I need to just dump them on a hunt I don't even want to go on, or figure on giving CO $ for another decade or 2.

Thats what I did. I originally planned on trying for 21 archery 2010ish time after i had drew my 1st colorado tag. Then when that went to crap I had no idea what to go for when everything "isn't what it used to be" so I didn't see a point in waiting 20 years for a tag when I can draw other units with 2 or 3 points and probably have the same chance at killing a decent buck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom