2024 archery buck

WHT_MTNMAN

I got lucky last year and drew the tag I spent 36 days scouting and hunting and passed some pretty good bucks, looking for one specific buck that I never saw during the archery hunt. I never did kill and that buck was killed later in the rifle hunt.

2024 I spent 10 days in the ICU with bleeding on the brain (still no answers) during the application period and almost missed the draw but at the last moment I put in and was EXTREMELY lucky in drawing the tag again. With lots of recovery my scouting ability/time and desire crashed and so did my expectations. I was going to shoot the first mature buck over 170" that I could.

I spent the first 6 days hunting a buck I really liked but after 2 blown stalks, one under 40 yards no shot and one other stalk, I couldn't turn him up again. I procedeed to hit a tree on another good buck and straight up missed a buck that probably wouldn't have hit 170"

Thanks to my good friend and cousin that knew this area held bucks I was able to shoot this buck and am tickled pink. As sometimes happens in hunting I made a poor shot, (he jumped the string or started running as the shot broke) thankfully he didn't go very far and piled right up dead as could be.

2024 buck pic.jpg

2024 buck.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom