2020 WAS A P-POOR YEAR!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
P Covers alot of Words!

Can't Remember far enough back to Remember a Worse Year than what this ones been!

Just Wondering What You Dis-liked the Most about 2020?

Seeing how many people would simply walk onto the boxcars if they were told to.

130272948_3400171760037032_6494856188250652720_o.jpg

definitely could have been a lot worse for me and my family.
And I've definitely have had much worse years than this.
Hope 2021 is better for ya elkass.

First of all, I feel bad for all those who have died from the virus, got sick, lost jobs and more. Really sucks!
But for me, the worst part of the year was not going to the movies every week on Thursday date night.

Other than that (sorry for going positive in a thread meant for what was worst in 2020), it’s been an awfully good year for me. Went many places and did many things. Took a little hit financially here at my job, but my investments portfolio more than made up for it.

My 2020 Fun Stuff;
Moab Rock Climbing and Rappelling Arch
Mt. Timpanogos Summit
Yosemite NP for a few days
Kings Peak Summit
City of Rocks Rock Climbing
Craters of Moon and Shoshone Falls
Grand Canyon. Hike to bottom and back
Canyoneering near Page, AZ
San Rafael Canyoneering with all the kids
Uintas Backpacking, Fishing, Climbing
10+ days Rock Climbing
Kayaking Grey’s River
Lake Powell 4 days
2nd Trip to Lake Powell 3 days
6 other Boating Days
3 days WY Antler Hunting
18 days WY deer scouting
3 days CO deer Scouting
Utah Deer Hunting with son for 5 days
7 days WY Bow Hunting
WY Rifle Hunt and killed 203 stud buck
9 days CO Rifle Hunt
4th Elk CO with wife. She got one!
Been lucky scoring leftover tags
Health has been good
Also a couple other things played out that put a smile on my face :)

Again, I feel a bit bad for not having had a bad year when so many others have, but I just haven’t. What do you do?
I’ve had my worst years ever already and they’d be hard to beat.

Other than my BC hunt being postponed to 2022 as the Canadian border is closed

I'ts been a dang good year

I did a lot of Solo trips and hunts

Other than those Adult Content wknds with my GF, we have stayed a Safe Distance!

Robb

Last edited:
First of all, I feel bad for all those who have died from the virus, got sick, lost jobs and more. Really sucks!
But for me, the worst part of the year was not going to the movies every week on Thursday date night.

Other than that (sorry for going positive in a thread meant for what was worst in 2020), it’s been an awfully good year for me. Went many places and did many things. Took a little hit financially here at my job, but my investments portfolio more than made up for it.

My 2020 Fun Stuff;
Moab Rock Climbing and Rappelling Arch
Mt. Timpanogos Summit
Yosemite NP for a few days
Kings Peak Summit
City of Rocks Rock Climbing
Craters of Moon and Shoshone Falls
Grand Canyon. Hike to bottom and back
Canyoneering near Page, AZ
San Rafael Canyoneering with all the kids
Uintas Backpacking, Fishing, Climbing
10+ days Rock Climbing
Kayaking Grey’s River
Lake Powell 4 days
2nd Trip to Lake Powell 3 days
6 other Boating Days
3 days WY Antler Hunting
18 days WY deer scouting
3 days CO deer Scouting
Utah Deer Hunting with son for 5 days
7 days WY Bow Hunting
WY Rifle Hunt and killed 203 stud buck
9 days CO Rifle Hunt
4th Elk CO with wife. She got one!
Been lucky scoring leftover tags
Health has been good
Also a couple other things played out that put a smile on my face :)

Again, I feel a bit bad for not having had a bad year when so many others have, but I just haven’t. What do you do?
I’ve had my worst years ever already and they’d be hard to beat.

Funny how small things like movie night getting canceled are hugely important in the grand scheme.

The worst thing in my opinion has been the destruction of our kids. Teachers unions created a mindset that education doesnt matter with all the foolishness around school closings. They haven t learned anything in a year.

We stole their graduations, their dances, their sports, plays, concerts. We created isolation and anxiety. Then filled their minds with a lie that THEY were going to kill granny if they breathed.

That's been the part of 2020 that is inexcusable.

The other that utterly amazes me is China. Whether grown in a lab, or made in soup, Wuhan came from them, and the facts are pretty clear they allowed it to explode onto the planet. Yet NOTHING. Its Trumps fault. Its Cuomo fault. There hasn't been an ounce of backlash. Short of Trump calling it the Chinavirus, there isn't a mention of China. Facts are facts. The United States traded nearly 300k dead folks for cheap crap at Walmart. And that's sad.

Last. My oldest and I missed a point blank bull. Mussing it is bad. Having my 9yr old see it? Its been BRUTAL. Every sentence ends with "at least I didnt miss an elk in a meadow" ??

Funny how small things like movie night getting canceled are hugely important in the grand scheme.

The worst thing in my opinion has been the destruction of our kids. Teachers unions created a mindset that education doesnt matter with all the foolishness around school closings. They haven t learned anything in a year.

We stole their graduations, their dances, their sports, plays, concerts. We created isolation and anxiety. Then filled their minds with a lie that THEY were going to kill granny if they breathed.

That's been the part of 2020 that is inexcusable.

The other that utterly amazes me is China. Whether grown in a lab, or made in soup, Wuhan came from them, and the facts are pretty clear they allowed it to explode onto the planet. Yet NOTHING. Its Trumps fault. Its Cuomo fault. There hasn't been an ounce of backlash. Short of Trump calling it the Chinavirus, there isn't a mention of China. Facts are facts. The United States traded nearly 300k dead folks for cheap crap at Walmart. And that's sad.

Last. My oldest and I missed a point blank bull. Mussing it is bad. Having my 9yr old see it? Its been BRUTAL. Every sentence ends with "at least I didnt miss an elk in a meadow" ??
I have to agree here! Watching my high school kids miss out on what they love to do. My senior is afraid that her first year in college will be a sh*t show, like this last year.
One of my in-laws diagnosed with cancer didn't help either. Especially with this covid crap and visiting. This list can go on and on.
We did get to hunt together a little more as a family, so that was good. Here's to a better 2021, or Wal Mart is going to run out of beer!

Last edited:
Lost My 91 Year old mother in December 2019 after she fell and broke her hip and then a few days later we find out she broke her spine as well and then my 93 Year old Father in August. Non Covid related. He was in very good health and we thought he would be around a few more years, but I know deep down he missed mom. Being together over 69 years was hard for them not to be together. Great Parents and always took care of the family, friends and many who they barely knew through their volunteer work with the church, March of Dimes etc.

Not even the pandemic comes close to how much they are missed. RIP Mom and Dad......

Last edited:
Another thing other than dates nights that I miss is the Sunday get togethers we’d do at my moms house with family every month or so. I haven’t seen my mom as much as I’d like.

No personal complaints here. I'm retired so I didn't miss any work. I don't go to church or bars. It's been at least a year since I was in a restaurant. I don't fly commercially and have no plans to. I never attend sporting events. I only grocery shop early mornings any way. No kids in school. I haven't been to the movies or concerts in many years.

The vast majority of people who will die are old so that bodes well for Social Security over the long haul, but I do feel bad for them.

My goose hunting partner has kids at home for school so that leaves more birds for me.

At the risk of sounding selfish, 2020 was one of my better years.

All in all 2020 wasn't horrible for us. My business is up for the year and my wife was able to work from home so our bottom line was not affected. We miss eating out but we both have become better cooks this year.

By far the worse thing for me this year was political but had nothing to do with presidential election. I can't stand when some laws are enforced and others are let go. Antifa and BLM are burning cities down with no consequences yet business are being fined for not enforcing mask. They threaten to throw you in jail for not following covid protocol but we are letting prisoners out because covid is to dangerous in jail. Yet we put a rich celebrity couple in jail because they were willing to pay $500,000 to get their kids in college? Common sense is the only thing that has gotten me to where I am today. These kind of issues drive me CRAZY!!!

Sorry Founder, don't throw me in MM jail
:rolleyes:

All in all 2020 wasn't horrible for us. My business is up for the year and my wife was able to work from home so our bottom line was not affected. We miss eating out but we both have become better cooks this year.

By far the worse thing for me this year was political but had nothing to do with presidential election. I can't stand when some laws are enforced and others are let go. Antifa and BLM are burning cities down with no consequences yet business are being fined for not enforcing mask. They threaten to throw you in jail for not following covid protocol but we are letting prisoners out because covid is to dangerous in jail. Yet we put a rich celebrity couple in jail because they were willing to pay $500,000 to get their kids in college? Common sense is the only thing that has gotten me to where I am today. These kind of issues drive me CRAZY!!!

Sorry Founder, don't throw me in MM jail
:rolleyes:
I agree 100%!

No personal complaints here. I'm retired so I didn't miss any work. I don't go to church or bars. It's been at least a year since I was in a restaurant. I don't fly commercially and have no plans to. I never attend sporting events. I only grocery shop early mornings any way. No kids in school. I haven't been to the movies or concerts in many years.

The vast majority of people who will die are old so that bodes well for Social Security over the long haul, but I do feel bad for them.

My goose hunting partner has kids at home for school so that leaves more birds for me.

Same boat here. To keep busy I like to drive around with my blinker on. :)

Im actively working at becoming a hermit myself?

Worked outdoors in summer but nothing since October. Worrying about paying the bills this winter is what sucks for me. Not getting to go to cocerts, BLUEGRASS festivals, bar to watch a game, extremely limited visiting with friends and family, a few deaths in extended family and friends.... Not a great year for us here!

Worked outdoors in summer but nothing since October. Worrying about paying the bills this winter is what sucks for me. Not getting to go to cocerts, BLUEGRASS festivals, bar to watch a game, extremely limited visiting with friends and family, a few deaths in extended family and friends.... Not a great year for us here!

Where do you live ?

Pretty easy to think of ourselves in times like these. I don't consider it an admirable trait.

Pretty easy to think of ourselves in times like these. I don't consider it an admirable trait. Thanks for chimin in flounder. ?

DW, I live in Yampa, CO 30 miles South of Steamboat Springs. I own my own painting company- just moved here last year. Did okay in summer but few contacts for interior work to get me thru winter. Have applied at some bigger painting companies "looking for experienced painters." One said "you are the only one to apply" but didn't call me back! I think they should advertise for laborers with no experience... If they don't want to pay someone for their experience level.
Applied as driver for hotel shuttle services, parts store delivery driver, warehouse for outdoor supplier, no callbacks.
Can't apply for unemployment (looked into it for first time in my life) bc the IRS made an error in processing 2019 taxes! Prob won't stimulus for same reason. Tough luck

Just venting cause I 've been on phone w IRS a few hours this morning to no answers. "I wish I could answer that" was best I could get out of them when asked how the processing of my taxes is going. October 29 is when I learned they made error in intial proessing. "Can take up to six weeks" to correct their error, was told then.

As far as work and hunting goes, my family had one of our best years ever, maybe the best yet. More worried about the next few years, all these shutdowns are going to hurt everyone everywhere at some point, IMHO.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom