2015 antelope down

nfh

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-15 AT 03:35PM (MST)[p]

Got this little guy on Sunday. Seen a few good bucks and a crazy non-typical. A friend of mine put in as a party with me and he gets to shoot the freak if we can locate him again. I had the freak at 30 yards and my buddy was at 42yards with a slight hill in the way. the bucks bedded down 65 yards out but he doesn't shoot that far.

We had several good stalks on small bucks and had a few stalks go south due to wind and my own mistakes on a couple of bucks around 70-75 class. I wanted a big boy this year but after stalking this guy for a couple hours I decided to shoot him at 40 yards. This was one tough goat. he laid for 45 min and he walked a few hundred more yards and I snuck in for the final shot.

AS he can see im on a river bottom. who knew antelope were riverbottom creatures. I don't hunt over water holes I get to bored I like the challenge of the stalk. I understand why they cut tags this year. Was a shortage of goats for sure.

100_2155_zpstfk30qmg.jpg

Thank you everyone.

Just an update. My hunting partner got 32 yards on the non-typical. We found 5-6 miles from the previous week. Man did he travel. well at 32 yards his chest was facing us and wasn't a good shot. then he smelt us and ran. He stopped at 55 yards but my buddy has a max range of 40 yards.

We also got on a solid 78-80 inch goat. but he was 60 yards away and very nervous. . Also located a buck so tall I would even know how to guess his height. He is with 8 does and 90 yards was the was how close we got Hopefully we can locate him again.

Nice work! I have seen tons of dead antelope pictures, but never one with cottonwoods in the background! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Good job on your antelope and congrats to your partner for having constraint. It seems this year all I see are posts about shooting antelope at ranges over 60yds. I won't take the long range thing any further.

To each his own, but in my book archery hunting is about getting close.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom