2014 Antelope NR with 5 PP - Unit 64 or 67

spottail

Of these two units, which one would you recommend? Any real difference between the two? Can someone compare the pros/cons of each? Have heard that I couldn't go wrong either way.

thanks

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-14 AT 12:18PM (MST)[p]Flip a coin, they are basically the same. Lots of public land...one gives out 200 tags, one gives out 300...same opening day...same general region, Fremont County...same decent road system. Same basic trophy quality. One's a little closer to town. Not enough difference to debate.

I have spent time in both areas, they are definitely similar as stated, but I see some differences (I could be easily be proven wrong.) I think I would go with the following as differences:

1. 64 seems more remote to me than 67, but when you are way back in 67 it is definitely remote. Maybe it is just because 67 has a pretty darn good access road through the middle of the unit.
2. I think the goats in 67 are less migratory than 64. I think the goats in 64 will more easily migrate out of the unit (so if you are planning to hunt late, be warned.)
3. I think there are more goats in a smaller area in 67 (higher density), so probably easier to find a high 70s buck there than in 64.
4. I think 64 has a better opportunity for a buck over 80, though it is possible to find a monster in either (upper 80s).

If I were hunting early, I would hunt 64. If late, I would hunt 67. Actually, just give me a tag and I would hunt either anytime!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom