2013 UT Anterless hunts

Cahunter805

Long Time Member
After talking to a few guys and getting some info Ive narrowed it down to the Fishlake east and Boulder Parker Mt anterless tags to appyly for. Going to be a DIY hunt to fill the freezer and take my first elk hopefully. Just looking for any other info to help figure out which one to choose. It will be 3 of us and we do have ATV if needed. Any help appreciated.

Thank You.

The Fishlake hunts seem to be easy from what I've heard. Most people road hunt, or at least some of my relatives do and always see them from the road to start with. I have no experience or knowledge of the Boulder unit but I hear it can be difficult locating elk sometimes. If we didn't have 3 big bull tags this year I would be putting in for Fishlake personally. My two cents...

What's up, Andy? That sounds like a fun hunt. That would be a hunt I'd like to do with my son if one of these years we don't get drawn for much. Stay in touch with me. By the way, my son and I got drawn for Nevada just east of Tahoe (192). It was unexpected but we are stoked! Still waiting on AZ.

M'Balz Es Hari

I hunted that unit for the first time two years ago. Lots of hunters up there! As always make sure you know where your shooting, as did not many hunters didn't. Had one group of hunters shooting across the canyon at a cow not 30 yards from us in a meadow right on the road, also with other hunters on the other side too. Kinda scary when your duckin' behind the 4-wheeler for cover :/ I was successful, but probably won't ever do a hunt like that again. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast, just too many hunters for my liking. I hope you get some early snow, that helped us out a lot.

So what unit/dates did ya draw Andy?

Anything we can do to help ya out on intel?

Nothing beats a freezer full of elk meat for the winter.

Robb

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom