2013 Idaho Muzzleloader Antelope

Blank

Long Time Member
Season opened last week for the second hunt and I have been seeing some nice speed goats the times I've been out, but nothing really exceptional. Kept looking in all the usual places, private hay fields, BLM hill tops and sagebrush flats, around the INL site and decided to go big or stay home.

Found this guy this morning and decided he was the one. My hunting partner has the tag also this year and watched me shoot him, and was impressed with the muzzleloader performance.

Only 14" long and has a broken tip, but with 5.5" prongs and 6+" mass it let him score really well. Thanks to my RealTree Max-1 camo, I had them all around me as close as 11 yards! Perfect behind the shoulder shot at 128 yards and he was mine.

100 grains of Pyrodex P, RWS cap, and 385 gr Great Plains conical did the trick.

This is my 14th antelope with my various White Whitetail muzzleloaders.

265163_antelope_3.jpg

That is a pretty good buck for Idaho. Iv'e heard good things about White muzzleloaders. Congrats to you and good luck to your hunting partner.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom