2013 Hunt dates.

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Been looking for next years hunting dates for vacation planning purposes and not having allot of luck. Arizona I have but Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, New Mexico I don't. I figure they should be close to last years dates, but? Where can I find this info without going to the states widlife boards?

I would contact the game departments in each state if you want to know for sure, but from my experience they all differ. For example, Wyoming dates pretty much stay the same, regardless of the year.
In Utah the general deer hunt is always the Saturday closest to the 20th of October. Then the rest of the hunts are adjusted to fit into their normal time frame.
I can't help you with Nevada and NM.
If you want to know exact dates I would contact the people in the know.

I don't know about the other states, but you'll have to wait until after the Wildlife Board meeting on Dec 6th to get Utah's schedule. It's true that the general deer rifle hunt has always started on the Saturday closest to the 20th, but there was a proposal made in 2009 to split the season in 2011. However, that proposal was put on hold because of the changes made this year, but it is still pending and may be discussed and emplimented in the upcoming season. If it is, the opening dates of both the early season and the late season could be set dates, regardless of the day of the week they fall on. In any case, we won't know until after the WB meets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom