2013 General Deer Hunt Unit Suggestion

RabidRattleSnake1

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-13 AT 03:36PM (MST)[p]Looking for a little help in suggestions for the draw. I am a non-resident with one preference point. I am still a very long way off from having the bonus points to draw a limited entry unit so I would like to know what would you guys suggest as units for the general deer? Looking for units that have good numbers of deer more than anything else. If I am in an area that can produce a 160" deer here and there for the guys that bust butt I would be happy. I won't have hurt feelings if I don't draw this year either so draw odds are not a big deal.

Thanks for the info. If you are interested in NM let me know. All the hunting down here is really good with the exception of the deer. Hard part is drawing the tags. The off range oryx can be a good hunt.

I can go anywhere in UT. Doens't really matter to me where. I hunt deer right on the NM/Mexico boarder at home so I am used to desert conditions, but I am open to anything. Just wanted to try and add another hunt to the mix. Last few years the draw has not been kind to me at home so I figured I would try to pick up an out of state hunt. Problem is I am going in blind. I don't know where to start. I would like to be in a unit that doesn't have a ton of guy if possible. Since this is an "adder" hunt for me I won't be upset if I don't draw this year. Had to buy the license anyway to get my bonus point.

Are you looking to go Rifle, Muzz or Archery?

I personaly find myself hunting around less people during the archery season. You will be hard pressed to get away from the crowds during a rifle hunt in most units. Every body will have a different opinion about hunter #'s in a particular unit.

I'm up in the northern end of Utah. Check your PM's.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-13 AT 12:38PM (MST)[p]Due to bow hunts at home in NM for elk and antelope I kinda have to put in for the rifle hunt in UT. That said I know what I am getting into if I do draw. Hopefully I can hike a little farther than the avaerage guy. We hunt the Gila wilderness for elk so I know what it means to hump it out and away from the crowds.

Rifle hunt is a joke in UT in 90% of the state. that being said they do kill good bucks. UT struggles with lack of public land to public hunters. not un common to see 15 guys in a canyon lol... Its a punkin patch out there. archery and muzz hunt can be good tho.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom