2013 Archery elk?

hubba_3

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-12 AT 11:04AM (MST)[p]I have 3 NR points going into the draw next year... I have studied WY a little bit, but I'm not as familiar with it as I would like to be...

When does the archery elk season start? The elk is like deer and you have to put in for the rifle draw, and then buy the archery stamp after, right?

What are my chances of drawing a decent archery tag with 3 NR points?

What are some of the decent areas that hold 300+ bulls? Not looking for a monster, just want to get into some rutting bull action :)

Thanks for any info!

The archery hunt generally runs the month of September. There are exceptions so look at the most recent regs. There a number of archery only tags that will no doubt give you increased odds if you won't be back for the rifle hunt.

If all you are considering is archery, then look at type 9 tags. A quick look at regs or draw odds here on MM will give you an answer regarding 3 NR points.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom