2012 Cummins?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
Just bought a new Cummins...
My question is for those that own a 6.7
Would you roll the dice and do the EGR and DPF deletes and possibly void the warranty?

C'mon Bess, gimme some of yer wisdom?

Traditional >>>------->

Best not Sleep at the Switch if you can locate a Programmer & Delete kit!

They're Clampin Down & I mean Quick!

You wanna get 12-13 MPG at 4.00+ a Gallon or do you wanna get 18 MPG & Make Slick Choke/Inhale when You want him to?

I'd Git-R-Done ASAP!

We can Skin a Buck,We can run a Trout Line, and a Country Boy Can Survive!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-13 AT 07:05PM (MST)[p]"I'd Git-R-Done ASAP!"

Even at the cost of possible warranty issues?
I haven't even checked the mileage yet...only have 34 miles in it. I'm not holding my breath either.
Just nervous about warranty.
Anyone know dodges stance on the deletes and warranty first hand?

Traditional >>>------->

Look into the H&S performace. That will be your best bet.

Doing the delete kit will improve your truck so much. better mpg and will breath so much better. but if you live in a state like California then don't waste your time since they have strict laws.

I split the year between Utah and Tempe so I don't think emissions will be a prob. The truck is licensed in wasatch county. They don't do emissions.

Traditional >>>------->

I got a 2012 and here in CA. if your caught with a programer the CHP will allow you so much time to disconnect or you will get towed.I thought about doing an exhaust muffler back and a different air intake,it couldn't hurt and those parts are legal.

>
>I got a 2012 and
>here in CA. if your
>caught with a programer the
>CHP will allow you so
>much time to disconnect or
>you will get towed.I thought
>about doing an exhaust muffler
>back and a different air
>intake,it couldn't hurt and those
>parts are legal.

...polution control might get you.....but the CHP couldn't care less....

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

>>
>>I got a 2012 and
>>here in CA. if your
>>caught with a programer the
>>CHP will allow you so
>>much time to disconnect or
>>you will get towed.I thought
>>about doing an exhaust muffler
>>back and a different air
>>intake,it couldn't hurt and those
>>parts are legal.
>
>...polution control might get you.....but the
>CHP couldn't care less....

So?

People in KALI are Used to Inhaling?:D

>
>
>
>
>
>Genghis Khan raped so many women
>that 1 in 200 people
>today carry his genes..

I just had my DPF replaced in my 2008 6.7 at 42K miles, I asked the dealer if it would void the warrenty if I had it removed instead of replaced and he said it would. They replaced it under warrenty and I have another year and a half til it runs out, but after that I am going to have the delete done!

I have the Ford 6.0 and have spent a small fortune keeping it going. Just had my mechanic deal with another headgasket issue and he told me that the new Dodge diesels were having a ton of turbo problems. He said his buddy at Dodge showed him a bulletin that said to void the warranty for any mod including exhaust or even a K&N filter. I would wait and see if the turbo has an issue before I did anything. Just like Ford they will never disclose the problems but try to void the warranty at every opportunity.

My opinion is to drive it stock as long as possible to see if the factory equipment is going to work for you and switch as soon as the warranty is off or the DPF causes problems. Voiding the warranty can screw a guy, but so can the DPF. You might want to buy the H&S/pipe quickly because like was said earlier they are getting hard to find and expensive. I have no experience with any newer than 09 though I believe up until 13 they are very similar.

I have always wondered ?? If it is such a good engine then why do I(you) need a warrenty. LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Have a 2011 and the egr and dpf delete kits are the best money I ever spent 18 mpg at 80 and if you can stay out of it I've pulled as high as 22 at 65 mph. I bought the sinister kit with the mini max tuner.

I had a buddy just do a delete on his 12' Dodge and did not see a noticeable improvement, at least that's what he told me.

No experience with the newer Dodges, but I am skeptical anytime I hear anyone getting 20+ miles to the gallon. My 06 Cummings got about 15-17 around town, and I did the math at the pump. The display always said it was 18-20 mpg. I had the Juice with Attitude and a AFE cold air intake on mine. On the freeway, doing 80 mph I was only getting 15 mpg.
If I could see the proof that a Dodge would constantly get 20 mpg I would get another one. Loved that truck...

>No experience with the newer Dodges,
>but I am skeptical anytime
>I hear anyone getting 20+
>miles to the gallon.
>My 06 Cummings got about
>15-17 around town, and I
>did the math at the
>pump. The display always
>said it was 18-20 mpg.
> I had the Juice
>with Attitude and a AFE
>cold air intake on mine.
> On the freeway, doing
>80 mph I was only
>getting 15 mpg.
>If I could see the proof
>that a Dodge would constantly
>get 20 mpg I would
>get another one. Loved
>that truck...

Well!

There's Damn Sure some Proof!

Problem is:

You gotta go back to Late 01 thru Early 04 24 Valve Engines!

In Mid 04 they started Screwin with them!

Funny how them Cummins could & would easily Break 20 MPG+ figured with a Calculator at the Pump!

But We are trying to Conserve Energy in this Country Remember?

Them Newer Bastards are Thirsty,No Doubt about it!

PISS on Obama Juice!

PISS on Obama Pipes!

PISS on SMOGGERS all together that don't get JACK for Mileage!

You Boys just keep Runnin Your Obama Approved BS & You'll be Stranded & not gettin Squat for Mileage!

When that Chicken-#### Exhaust System Plugs off you'll be wishin you woulda listened to somebody!

The Guy that Posted above sayin His Buddy had the Work done & didn't notice a difference,Well that's BS or He got Took!

The Guy that Posted above sayin
>His Buddy had the Work
>done & didn't notice a
>difference,Well that's BS or He
>got Took!

Yeah I lied and so did he about his own truck.

Ringneks!

If Your Buddy or anybody else had the Exhaust Work & Programmer & Delete done & didn't see a Difference somethings mighty Wrong!

Easily More Power & Mileage to be had from the Stock Smogger Obama Approved Cummins!

You think I'm BS'ing You?

With Salt Lake being pretty smoggey don't be surpised if they don't start cracken down on those deletes like CA.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom