2012 Bookcliffs rifle tag

B

burt2096

Drew a Bookcliffs rifle tag with my dad. Is a 160 buck a reasonable expectation for us ? Where is a good area to tent camp ? I have never been there before any help is appreciated.

my wife and i also drew out for bookcliffs rifle, i have hunted it once before on the rifle hunt and have been up there a few times. I think a 160 buck is a reasonable goal. you should see alot of bucks ranging from 140-160. i plan on setting up camp along the seep ridge road somewhere around indian ridge, that might change after some scouting and looking at maps a little more.

That's the most realistic goal on the book cliffs i've heard so far and still not a guarantee. You'll see bucks in that range if you hunt hard, and you may get lucky and see a bruiser. Good luck

*Sigh* - really?

Don't be surprised if you don't get a lot of responses to this question.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I heard it can be pretty dusty along seep ridge. Is this true or can you get away from the road far enough it won't be an issue.

it does get dusty from the trucks on seep ridge, but there are plenty of roads to find a camping spot on from seep ridge. thats just my starting point do to the fact that i am taking up a 30' fifthwheel and dont want to take it too far in. there are plenty of roads for you to look at if you will be in a tent. i sent you a pm.

my dad and i also drew a tag.my dad is going to go scouting this summer.any help or info is appreciated

You can scout along the Divide Road in the summer and that should give you a good idea about the quality of the deer this year. Then for the rifle hunt I would start about 15 miles or more from the top to start looking for deer. Good luck it should be a fun hunt.

Follow seep ridge road way south, it takes you to the divide road

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom