2012 Antelope Tag Numbers ????

chevy_dog

Is there any way of knowing how many antelope tags will be available for 2012 for each unit prior to the June 3 modification deadline?

I am asking because in 2010, there were a lot of doe/fawn tags for my unit, but in 2011, there was roughly 1/2 the amount, and we were not drawn for a usually 100% draw unit. If I know that there is the same number of tags or less than last year, I may not want to put in for the unit.

Thanks.

Yes. The recommendations from the biologists are out now. You could call the area office in the book or on line. The G&F Commissoin will make the final decisions at their May meeting, so nothing is final until then. After that mid May meeting, you could check iwth the state G&F office and they would know all of the final details.

As was said, it won't be official until the Rules & Regulations are finalized and you will have to hope that's posted before June 3!

I know the unit I like to hunt used to have left over doe tags,but last year there was only about 50% draw success.The Gamewarden said that he expects less tags available this year.Also there will be no public land doe deer tags this year.
The good thing is with good management Antelope will bounce back fast,as long as there is not another bad winter.I expect with in 3 years you will see more doe tags again.

Go to the spring meetings. They'll tell you what the numbers are going to be. For the area's around here, its a rarity to see any deviation from their proposed numbers and what's later printed in the orders...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom