2011 Yellowstone Grizzly Deaths

Roy

Great article - well written and fairly objective. She does project a little more human emotion on to the bears in the first part, but handled the subject pretty well. Especially for a Slate article. A little long - but a good read.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...s_found_a_killer_grizzly_in_yellowstone_.html

Thoughts??

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Good read Roy. According to the evidence at the Wallace kill site I think John Wallace was teaseing the little blonde face bear with a Granola Bar and it pissed off Wapiti Sow so she ate him.

Rutnbuck

Good read. A lot of interesting information. I've never been to Yellowstone.....don't think I've missed much if they have the bears named and numbered. I can't imagine hiking in grizzly country unarmed. I noticed the rangers were packing.

Eel

Damn Eel you never been to Yellowstone. Come on out I will take you!!! I been wanting to hike back in to a favorite fishing hole. Damn bears lately one best take someone he can outrun.

Rutnbuck

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-12 AT 10:11PM (MST)[p]Rutnbuck, make that the Russian River and you're on. They have wild bears up there.

Our daughter worked at Yellowstone back in the late 80's. She said there was wolves back then, but they lived in Jackson Hole.

Eel

Roy I am not trying to Hijack your post! However I and Eel are on to serious planning here. Eel last time I was on the Russin River there was 12 Grizz in the 2 mile stretch between the lake and the Keni. We were fishing for Silvers and the Reds were in full Cherry Blossom and the Grizz were fatter then a Thanksgivin Turkey. One morning we were hiking out of the river and some guy hiking to the river packin a 12 ga. loaded with slug. I asked him why the 12. He told me the day before he had a Sow with cubs bluff charge him and if it happened again it was the pearl of gates for her. He said he had to walk a mile up the river to where she was. Well that afternoon we heard on the radio where she had been shot by some guy. Oh the jerk went looking for her I am sure. Anyway sounds like a plan to me. We could take Roy someone needs to clean fish and drive the motorhome. Maybe he can cook ya think?
Rutnbuck

A few reds
1046alaska_fishing_001.jpg

eel is offended because the bears are named and numbered? heck the mule deer in most of the west are named these days, that actually bothers me a lot more.

This is a decent read. I do think that Chris Servheen from the USFWS is not accurately portrayed in the article. For most of his career, this guy has done everything in his power to cover up grizzly bear maulings and killings. He does everything to blame the people involved and give a pass to the grizzly bear. Despite what he says, the grizzly bear does not co-exist well with humans.

I have personal knowledge of his coverup involving a missing man at Priest Lake, Idaho many years ago. The old guy was out picking berries with his wife. Servheen did not want a human kill during the early beginnings of the grizzly bear recovery and acted accordingly. A few years ago, he put out false information about the elderly gentleman killed by a grizzly bear on Kitty Creek in Wyoming. He blamed the fellow that was killed, when in reality the federal government violated its own protocols after drugging and releasing a grizzly bear. That case is now involved in a civil suit where the federal government is likely to lose.

Servheen is a tool and would not have been involved in the killing of this sow if the incident had not been so under the microscope. If you hear him quoted after a grizzly mauling or death, you can bet that half of what he says is spin or just plain CYA. He needs to go.

just sayin...

Can I cook? You bet! I can cook fish just as well as Eel can cook bear! Use the same tecnhique basically.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom