2011 NR Deer Hunt ???

BrowningRage

Long Time Member
Hey guys. I've always wanted to get to a place in my life where I could hunt in other states besides my home state of Utah... I'm thinking next year is the year to start putting in for hunts in Idaho...
I am familiar with the state itself, but I am not familiar with what areas I would be best served in hunting...
I am doing my own research into the best areas to apply for, but value the opinions of MMer's and am hoping for a little advice. I would hope to hunt in Idaho in the next 10 years, and would like to harvest an animal for my wall (Anything about 160" or above would be nice)...
If you guys can point me in the right direction as far as areas, I'd greatly appreciate it..!!!

Thanks guys.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I hunt SW and Central Idaho and it is no surprise that in these areas the primary controlled hunts are units 45, 44, 40, 54, 32, etc. You can see this by the draw odds. You are looking for a 160" deer, this can be accomplished in many OTC units, but with hard work and knowledge of the areas. Depending on where you are from in Utah, SE Idaho may be a better bet travel wise, and I believe the opportunities may be greater and the genetics are good, but the competition is strong. Others can speak better to the SE area than I. I don't advocate giving too much information on the net, but much of what I have told can be confirmed by utilizing Fish and Game's hunt planner to analyze some of the harvest and draw odd numbers, which speak for themselves. Ultimately my advice for a 160" deer is find an area you can hunt regularly, and get to know it well over some years, otherwise you will just be putting your hands into the luck of the draw and then will have to scramble to learn an area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom