2011 Deer

Muley_73

Very Active Member
Looking for a little info and buying a non res tag for next season.

I would like to take my 13 yr old up to hunt ID this fall. I live in Northern Utah and would be willing to scout this summer. I am just looking for some advise on which area to purchase a tag for? No honey holes just general units?

Thanks for any info.

Well if it was me I would look at unit 50. The hunting here is pretty tough, there are a few good bucks runnin around. A youth can shoot a doe in almost any unit(look at the regs.)
I've also done good in unit 27 but that is 90% wilderness.
Sorry I'm not much help.

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

with muley hunting seemingly worse and worse i would recomend the north cenrtal units starting with 10a through 16 for whitetail. tons of deer and it's either sex and not real tough hunting

you dont have to pick an area in idaho. it's either a general deer tag, or a general whitetail deer tag. i dont believe its different for non residents, but i could be wrong?

I would contact IDFG Boise Id. and find out the specific's..They have some type of youth mentor program where youth under I think 16yrs old can get a non-resident reduce license/tag and hunt off the adults license. I don't know how it all works...worth checking out to save big bucks if possible.

While you have them on the phone ask to talk to a game biologist. Ask for some zone recommendations and tell them your taking your son. That might get you a little more info..Mule deer numbers are in the toilet in ID. We quit hunting mule deer there when they stopped the SE Tags. If your son gets a shot at a legal mule deer buck ..."shoot it"...he may not get another chance on the hunt.

))))......>

Thanks for the input guys. The mentor program is the main reason I am looking at Idaho. I live close and can scout so it is a pretty good deal to be able to get my son out with another tag. Thanks again!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom