2010 Yukon Moose

B

bhollis

August 5, 2010 Yukon moose taken by my 14 year old son Jake. 58 1/2" We were hunting with Ceaser Lake Outfitters of Watson Lake, YK. Hunt was purchased at auction at GSC/Ovis convention in Feb. '09. Thanks to the Wilkinsons for making these youth
ing opportunities available.

7705dscn0295.jpg

3389dscn0298.jpg

5159dscn0304.jpg

Congratulations to your son!

I'm sure he appreciates what you've done for him.

He's set the high water mark in his short hunting career. It might be hard for him to get pumped up about whackin' a 2pt after that hunt.

Beautiful trophy animal too! Thanks for sharing his adventure with us.

Zeke

PS; Were you able to save the velvet? Or will you use the spray-on product? The new spray-on products looks pretty good to me.

Thanks. Yes, we were able to preserve th velvet since it's so early in the season & it's still soft. It has very unique coloration throughout the rack with quite a bit of pure white thats not visible in the pic. That's his 5th species in 5 years so I'm ready for him to get a job & take me on a hunt. He has a NM 6x6 elk, a NM pronghorn, a BC muley & too many whitetail to count. This hunt was purchased at the GSC/Ovis convention in 2009 for $4,000 so it was a bargain. Many thanks to the Wilkinsons at Ceaser Lake Outfitters in Watson lake, YK for their commitment to youth hunters. More outfitters should do the same.

bhollis;

Heck ya it was a bargain.
Tell your son that when he gets a job he can take me too!

Well.......never mind. I have a son and 4 daughters that do that for me now. Last year one daughter got a Desert ram and next year she will be on her Alaska Dall sheep hunt and I get to tag along on them all.

Being a PROUD dad, I know what you are going through with your son! The congrats and kudos to you too!

Zeke

BTW; we can see some of the unique coloration in the velvet. One poster commented on the cool looking pattern.

I hunted the Yukon in 2007 and could live there in a heart beat but my wife would not make it. Congrats to your son. I am sure it was an experience you will never ever forget. I am addicted to Moose hunting and would love to go back.

bhollis

I still look at your cool photos almost every day.
I've taken a Shiras and Canadian but not an Alaska/Yukon YET!
Your pix keep me dreamin'. I can't get over the velvet color/pattern.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom