2010 Utah Elk

D

dukey

This is the bull i took during the 2010 rifle elk hunt. he scores 368 gross. He has 5 broken tines which lowered his score. It was a hunt of a lifetime. Still waiting to find out how old he is.

6707img_2044.jpg

465img_2046.jpg

dukey,

Lets hear the story on that beast! cuz I know it was hot as hell out there and conditions were not great for hunting

Nice Bull!

Chipped,not Broken!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Heres the story. I started scouting the area in june and was out there all the time. I saw a few good bulls before the hunt. I ended up going out on the wednesday before the hunt and found this bull. I patterned him and got video for 3 days. He then disappeared on friday night and i couldn't find him. Probably because of the heat. On wednesday it was only in the 60's but by friday night it was around 90. So we got up saturday and went to where he usually was and nothing! So that night we went to where he usually was and nothing. By this time i was getting frustrated because there were hunters everywhere. It almost felt like the opening of the rifle deer hunt to me. So sunday morning we went to a place i hadn't been but heard there was elk there. Needless to say we didn't even see a elk. So sunday night we went to the area we had been seeing elk and set up. After about 2 hrs of waiting we saw some cows moving down the canyon. Then we spotted the bull we nicknamed Behemoth! At the time we didn't know it was him. The bull was going the opposite direction of the cows, he didn't even care about them. I think that is because it was so hot. He stayed in the thick stuff and only gave us glimpses here and the. After what seemed like forever which was like 10 minutes he stepped out. I looked at him through the spotting scope and couldn't make up my mind if i was going to take him. I let him get to the furthest edge of the clearing before i decided to end my hunt. With wind gusts upwards of 40-50 mph i made the 375 yard shot. He wheeled around and i nailed him again knocking him down. he then got back up and i shot him 3 more times all through the chest before he went down. When we got over to him i knew i made the right choice. After watching the video i have and looking at my bull i believe it is the the same one! What an awesome hunt.
1327img_2041.jpg

Just wondering what Caliber & Slugs you were using?

Unit?If it ain't a Secret?

b bop,

Slammy guides out there. well, he has in the past! Its a unit they want 4-5 year old average! A desert unit. How many hints do you need? :)

Bwo on this site killed a bull that looks like your bull's twin. He killed it a few years ago on the muzz hunt and really close to where you killed your bull.

OK wet_boot!

I have GPS Coordinates now!:D

They can be tough dukey!

What kind of slugs?

Good looking bull. Congratulations. As Boot stated, I killed a bull in 2008 that looked very similiar to yours. Definately the same genetics. I bet your bull is laying within 400 yards of where I killed mine.

If you search the archives in the elk forum under BWO as the author you should be able to find one.

Great bull dukey! Congratulations!!! Incidentally, Interbonds are made by Hornady and it's really something that it took 5 to the boilerroom to seal the deal, but they are some big, tough buggers!

Is this the Bull?

7685bwo.jpg

great Elk. I love the photo, makes me want to go push the cows up so I have more excuses to spend time up there.

I may have some video of the your elk from the opening Saturday evening.

My wife had a tag and we saw a dandy up in Art's and got some footage of him. At over 1200 yards he was impressive.

Congrats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom