2010 Idaho pheasents

M

mathewsman

I just got back from one of my most memorable and cherished hunts every year with my 3 oldest huntin' partners. My heart is proud and full as I sit here recounting these past 2 days with my children. Last year seems like it was yesterday. It's scary how fast time flies by and as I watch my babies grow, it really puts into perspective putting fourth the effort and not just telling your kids how important they are and how much you love them, but SHOWING them through quality time spent doing with them what you love, and not so much counting success in the number of animals taken or "limiting out", but as an outdoorsman, showing your kids your love and appreciation for gods wonderful creations, beauty, and grandeur in the outdoors. We made memories this weekend as we do every time we go hunting that will (I pray) stay with us for the rest of our lives and strengthen them in their daily challenges of growing up. Kambry, Taiya, & Taidge, I love you more than you will ever know, and I'm grateful for the blessing you are in my life, Dad

DSCN0234.jpg

After leaving our house at 5:30 in the morning and driving for 2 hours, we stopped at the rest stop and changed out of our p.j.s and into our hunting clothes. Game on!

DSCN0236.jpg

First walk and there's 2 in the bag. The weather couldn't have been better. We were in tee shirts by noon.

DSCN0240.jpg

Kambry showing Taidge how it's done with her new birthday present. All weekend long, all she could say was how happy she was to finally have her own gun. It was great during our walks talking with her about how to be safe with a gun.
she did awesome!

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0241.jpg

Taiya, & Taidge bearin' down. Won't be long & they'll be outshooting their old man!

DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

We even lucked into a some "huns". Tough little buggers to get and even tougher to find! Knocked 3 down, & only found this guy-nice mature hungarian. This was my favorite picture taken.

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0235-Copy.jpg

Double fistin' it.

DSCN0253.jpg

What a great day in the field!!!

DSCN0245.jpg

For every hour walking ditches with dad, they wanted an hour of swim time. Tough negotiating when I'm outnumbered 3 to 1!

DSCN0247.jpg

This was the funniest picture because after many hard walked miles in the thick, at least 4 hours of swimming, & waking up WAY before dawn, these guys went from wide awake to DEAD asleep in about 5 minutes! 2010 Idaho pheasent hunt=HUGE SUCCESS!!

"...I got a shotgun, rifle, and a 4 wheel
drive, and a country boy can survive..."

Hank Williams Jr.

Very cool They look like they had a ton of fun.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Looks like a very memorable day! thanks for sharing... makes me think of good times when i was a "young pup".

"The road to success is always under construction"

This looks alot like were i hunt in blackfoot, i love the pic with the dog relieving himself in the background. Awesome trip

Hey fellas thanks a bunch for the kind words. It can be quite a challenge taking little ones out where you spend half the day wiping booger noses, & hearing, "dad I need to potty" every 5 minutes (literally), but hopefully it will pay off in the end. Actually I know it does because my oldest wrote me a thank you note that I got pretty choked up about. At the end she said how excited she was for next year. Can't wait!

P.s. knocksville glad you enjoyed the dog peeing pic.lol I wondered how long it would take for someone to say something.

"...I got a shotgun, rifle, and a 4 wheel
drive, and a country boy can survive..."

Hank Williams Jr.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom