2010 Dall Sheep

D

dmjones

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-11 AT 11:04AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-11 AT 11:03?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-11 AT 11:00?AM (MST)

Her e is a photo of the Dall Sheep we took in 2010.
24832010_dall_sheep_014.jpg

Welcome Donald!
You are a welcome addition here.
I look forward to your contributions.

I can help you with pics if you want.
HH

Thanks, Harry I think I have it figured out now. I'll post a picture of my dads ram too.

That is so sweet.
You & your old man have such a cool thing going on.
I've done a ton of outdoor stuff with my boy too, I only hope he hits it big & don't forget about me.

:)

Congrats man, you guys are awesome.
HH

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-11 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]dmjones

He's a beauty! Congratulations! I love the twister dalls, cool photo too.

Share some details with us man. Where did you harvest the big ram Yukon? NWT? Alaska? Old Mexico? What outfit etc? Do you have any other sheep?

Do you care to share the length or score or age? My guess is a solid 39" ram, especially on his right horn!

My oldest daughter has a Dall sheep hunt next year and this will be my 3rd trip to NWT. We can only hope to take one as beautiful as yours.

Welcome to the site! Every sheep hunter in a fine addition. We don't always agree on everything around here but that's OK too.

Zeke

This is 38.5 " ram that was taken in the NWT. 10.5 years old. We hunted with the Lancaster's at Nahanni Butte Outfitters. My fathers ram is 36" and 8.5 years old. The hunt was better than you can believe.

Good for you! Excellent place to go for your grand adventure.

My cousin and a couple friends hunted with the Lancasters.
I went to dinner with Clay and his dad, Stan, one evening when they were in town (SCL). Great folks and super outfitters!

Thanks for sharing some details with us. It makes your photos more meaningful to us.

Zeke

Congratulations dm and dad!
Pretty rams!
I was very fortunate to have a similar experience this August with my son, only further north in the Mackenzies with Arctic Red. It was the pinnacle of my hunting experience, thus far, to share that kind of adventure with my son...and I am sure you felt the same way being there with your father. Some serious "blood bonding".

Beautiful animals for sure, and the Lancasters are class folks. I have all of their videos on sheep with Bart and Cam(God rest his soul), and watching them was motivation for me to get myself in sheep shape.
Thanks for sharing, and for sure the rest of us "Ovis Junkies" would love to hear all about it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom