2009 pronghorn

S

Saskman

Here is my 2009 Saskatchewan pronghorn. He is not the big one I had seen earlier in the year. I only saw that goat twice in 3 months so I figured I had spent enough time and money on stinky old goats so switched my focus to a couple others. My second choice I was a little late on and we saw it again just after another guy had shot it. We talked to them and congratulated them on the goat and moved on. Day two of the muzzleloader season I was out and decided to take this guy. I had seen him earlier in the summer and thought he looked alright even though he was a little weak in the prongs. He had 30 does with him and I was able to use the decooy on him and get him into seventy yards. I still wasn't sure if I wanted to take him. He moved off to about 230 yards and I continued to watch him. He proceeded to breed one of his does and after I crawled a little closer with the decoy he came back towards me again and I decided I would take him. The shot was 117 yards. He has 15 inch horns with 5 inch cutters. His first two mass measurements are 6 and 6 1/8. He is a little weak on mass at the top. He ended up grossing 78 5/8 and net 77 4/8, a respectable goat for this area. Now I can concentrate on the more important mule deer and whitetail :).

2009_pronghorn.jpg

Great job! your photos are great too as usual. It sure it nice to look back in time at GOOD photos isnt it? I look at the photos i took as a kid and they are terrible, (if i even got a photo). The digital world has really changed things.

Keep up the good work.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

Nice job, and great photo. I was really hoping you could get that big guy on the ground so that we would know what he scored. Good luck the rest of the season.

>Nice job, and great photo.
>I was really hoping you
>could get that big guy
>on the ground so that
>we would know what he
>scored. Good luck the
>rest of the season.

He has been the most elusive goat I have ever seen. I guess that is how he got big.

Here are a few photos of other goats from this fall

IMG_5301-50D.jpg

IMG_5312-50D.jpg

IMG_5319-50D.jpg

IMG_5926-50D.jpg

IMG_5321-50D.jpg

IMG_5814-50D.jpg

IMG_5865-50D.jpg

IMG_5882-50D.jpg

IMG_5901-50D.jpg

Sask Amazing as always!! To bad you couldnt stay on that big boy!! Oh well you took a very nice pronghorn.. Congrats and lets see that big whitetail go down this year!

That sucks you could not connect on the big one, but the goat you got is no slouch! I think he is a very nice goat! Nicely done Saskman!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom