2008 Nebraska Draw (Residents Only)

RamDreamer

Thanks for posting this info. As of 2005, over $286,000 has been raised for the sheep of Nebraska from the lottery. This doesn't include the auction tags that have been sold various years. The odds of drawing the tag are around 1 in 1500.

Last year while checking in my once in a lifetime Nebraska bull elk, I had a visit with the state biologist who is in charge of the sheep program in the Panhandle. He told me that he needed at least 5 full curl rams in the huntable herd in order to issue a permit.

I happen to live within 5-20 miles of two of the other herds that have been started in the last few years.

My friend and I had applied every year since it was started with the idea if one drew we would take the other as an observor which they allow. He already had the grandslam of sheep he died at 82 in December when he fell off a ladder. I think this will probably be my year to draw it as he always joked that as soon as one of us died the other was sure to draw it.

I don't know about that Cornhusker, my wife and I already have plans for that tag! Ha! Ha!

Good luck in the drawing!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom