2008 antelope success!!!!

H

huntfourever

I shot him on the second day of the hunt. I was hunting a water hole. He came in with 15 other goats. I scouted the unit three times before the hunt started and spotted hime on the second trip. I couldn't be happier. What do you guys think he will score?????

48af8fc373930dc1.jpg

Thanks, I took the picture from a tripod with the camrea on self timer. I only had 10 sec to get set-up. It took some doing to get in the picture in time.

I shot him in NW Colorado. It was really wet this year. They had alot of snow and rain in August.

huntfourever,
Nice buck man!! He is a beauty.. Not real good on the field judge but what a buck.. and to do it with a bow by yourself.. Nice job

Congrats! Nice buck. It's hard to tell with just one view for a score. I would guess it's around 80. It has good mass and a high prong. A trophy for sure.

Great lope. Any antelope taken with a bow is a trophy. What is his his horn length? He' very high on the cutter and seems to carry the length on through. Just a guess i would put him around 78. Congrats

Thanks, for all nice comments about my antelope. When, I first saw the buck, while scouting, I guessed him in low 80's. He was the biggest buck I've ever seen, while hunting. When he came into water, I was just a nervous wreck. Here's the measurements

Left Side
L 15 inches
P 4.5
M1 6 3/4
M2 6 2/8
M3 3 3/4
M4 2 3/4
total 39

Right Side
L 15
p 4
M1 7
M2 6 2/8
M3 3 3/4
M4 2 3/4
Total 39 6/8
Grand Total 78 6/8

I hope this works betters

I thought he was closer to 16 inches long. He carries his mass and prongs really high and I think that lead me to think he was longer than he really was. I guessed his prongs around 5 1/2 inches. A couple inches here and there makes a real big difference on a goat. I still couldn't be happier!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom