2006 cummins question

R

RMK_800

I have a 2006 cummins and the engine light came on so I plugged my code reader into it and the code P0541 came up and the book said it was the "air intake heater circuit A low" I tried to erase it but it wont clear. Does anyone know anything about this code or what might be causing it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

not a mechanic, but maybe your relay sswitch died, maybe locate it and swap it with another one and see if that clears the code? if so then go buy a new relay :)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-12 AT 10:35AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-12 AT 10:30?AM (MST)

go to diesel truck resource center.com join up and ask your question and will get some good answers on the forum page.

may be an open circuit on the grid heater. the grid heater sits on the bottom of the air intake... i would think the code would clear for good.

you can also check codes on the cummins by turning your key on off i think 3 times and it will give you codes also.

beware of the number #4 injector line. you can learn about that on that website to to prevent ya from getting starnaded... it was a 2006 year problem

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-12 AT 01:17PM (MST)[p]You better sell it......

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-12 AT 01:09PM (MST)[p]
THE dickweed spells it sell not sale. You are welcome Justr.

2311idiot.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom