20 points for antelope in Colo ....where ?

E

Elkcrzy1

A good friend has 20 points for antelope in Colorado and wants to know what area is the best chance at a big one because he's burning his points this year. He can literally draw any area in the state including WFR properties. What are your thoughts ?

I thought you were pulling our leg in regard to 20 antelope pts but noticed on the CDOW page there is 1 poor soul w/that many pts! If your buddy has waited 20 years he may want to wait several more years for antelope numbers and quality to build? Antelope numbers in the NW corner of the state that historically produced a few B&C bucks are almost non-existent other than a 10 mile radius around the city limits of Craig. That area has been pounded by deep snows and before that there was several super bad droughty years.

Colo historically is a pretty pathetic state in regard to B&C entries. There are a few scattered units around the state where a few book bucks are harvested but not many. I believe Eastman shot one that went B&C in the southern part of Colo last year and that may be a good place to research?

Just curious how much those 20 points have cost? That's going to be one expensive goat!

For years didn't CO only keep $3 for the pts? If that is the case he doesn't have that much invested in it.

Best of luck!!! Antelope is a fun hunt. Me, I have 14 and looking at cashing in also!!!! Might be the only high percentage hunt this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom