2-way radios

B

Buckmania

so, a couple years ago they were coming out with the 2 mile and 5 mile radios that were 2 watts. Now I see 35 miles radios that are still 2 watts. Are they just labeling them differently or do they really get that much better range? Are they comparable to 5 watt VHF radios? I don't see how they get better range, especially 33 miles more range and still be 2 watts. What am I missing?

I only plan on "line of sight." If you get around a corner or on the other side of a mountain then you can forget it. I don't know how they can advertise 30 miles though. I've never tried mine but maybe they work that far in a straight line with no obstructions. fatrooster.

Oh they will definately travel 30 miles with no mountains/ridges/valleys. i have talked on mine from the top of the wasatch front above santaquin to a guys that was working at the kennecott mine (around 60 miles away). they will definately travel that far, but there cannot be any obstructions at all.

I personally like the new 9 way radios they just just came out with. You can seriouslly talk to jesus with them. Lets just say he is one cool dude. Who would have thought god was his dad? Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>I personally like the new 9
>way radios they just just
>came out with. You can
>seriouslly talk to jesus with
>them. Lets just say he
>is one cool dude. Who
>would have thought god was
>his dad? Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where have you been? I used the "9-way radio" a few times back in highschool! Never saw jesus, but it put off a lot of smoke so I couldn't see real well either.

9 way radios ? Are you guys just messing with us. I talked to jesus a few times on the CB, but that was back in the 70's . :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom