2 pts off max for deer.

S

Spome

Curious how to calculate the years it will take to reach max or be able to compete for some of the premium LQ tags?

>Curious how to calculate the years
>it will take to reach
>max or be able to
>compete for some of the
>premium LQ tags?

You'll never be at max unless every single person that is at 9PPs this year burns their PPs before you use yours. Go into the draws odd section of the G&F website and you can look down through the units to see how many PPs it took to draw a tag in each of the draws last year.

At the rate things are going you will likely be physically unable to hunt by the time you catch up......

Depends on the unit and who actually applies for tags.

Look at the NR sheep odds from last year for a perfect example of where the tags went and in which point pools.

Many of the max point holders are actually max point hoarders...they don't apply, they just keep gaining points.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-15 AT 08:01AM (MST)[p]>At the rate things are going
>you will likely be physically
>unable to hunt by the
>time you catch up......

I actually should have said he won't be at max PPs until all the people with 8 & 9 PPs use them. That is a lot of people to get through and why PP systems suck!

Wyoming manages more for opportunity than quality. If a guy can make at least one scouting trip into a general area like G or H and hike a little or hire a guide. He can have just as good of a hunt as the lq areas, sometimes better. That has been my experience. In Wyoming with LQ or General you will have to either work hard or hire a guide if you want to harvest a big deer(170+)

Wyoming currently doesn't have any Premium LQ deer tags, quality is really no better than some of the general units and some of the general unit's quality is better.

Thanks for all the frustrating input. It is what it is. Looking to wait it out for a rut hunt and bust my butt in G and or H in the future.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom