2 favorite rifles

justr_86

Long Time Member
95720120126_163054.jpg

Here's a picture of my 2 favorite and best looking rifles. Post yours up

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Very nice. Love the look of wood and laminate but I am so hard on them I always go synthetic. I don't think I even have a wood one in my gun safe other than a Ruger 10.22

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-12 AT 06:32AM (MST)[p]It should be a forum law that if you post a picture of a rifle, next to a kill or not, you should have to post make, model and caliber of said rifles.. Just sayin... Of course I might be the only one that is bugged by it. Either way, good looking tools and thanks for sharing...

Todd

Hey Bull?

Do you have to Rub it in?

I thought I had a decent Gun till I seen you Showin Off at the Expo last year!:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

AWLOB Show us a picture. Where will you be at the expo. I should be up there now that i got my cat tag filled.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-12 AT 08:59AM (MST)[p]There both 300 win mags. The brown one is a rugerm77 mark 2 with some custom work. The grey one is a Remington 700 that is going to have lots of custom work to be my long range track driver.

Awlb I'm planning on coming to see you at the expo.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Here's my 300 weatherby mag with a 3x9x50 Zeiss 600 zplex and a thumbhole laminant stock. I also put a 2 pound pull timney trigger on it.

I don't have a picture of my 270..

6976rifle_002.jpg

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-12 AT 05:01PM (MST)[p]This rifle is quickly becoming my favorite!
2011-07-17_11-51-37_671.jpg

Rem 700 sendero 7mm
Greybull Stock
Timney trigger
TPS 20moa base/rings
Leupold 6.5-20 M1 Turrets

Heres the 2nd group fired from it. 168gr Berger VLD
2011-07-10_14-55-18_357.jpg

Not the best photos.

First is my 1963 Browning FN Safari Grade in 375 H&H. Topped with Burris Signature 2x8 posi-lock. My late uncle bought this off the rack and vowed to shoot a WY elk (which he did) and an African cape buffalo(which I hope to do). This rifle shoots really well with 260 grain NP.
3065001.jpg

Second is my post 64 Winchester M70. 26" fluted Douglas barrel, muzzle braked, teflon coated by Rifles Inc, painted by one of my best buddies, topped with Burris Signature 3x9 posi-lock. This is my fully geeked out rifle. Shoots everything from 115's to 175's very well. I like 160 NP as my main load. It's a bit heavy and long but who cares?

3235004.jpg

Of course I also love my Remnington M700 custom 7mm08 and my new Springfield M1A too!

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

It took a while to get my pictures found and downloaded but here are my two favorites.

This is my Sheridan .20 cal that I got brand new on my 8th birthday. I can't tell you how many critters I have taken with it. I used to live in Thompson Springs Utah when I was a kid and times were way tight for our family back then. I would take this rifle and be gone all day. The rifle was retired around my 9th grade year as it had been hosed out with WD-40 a few too many times and just wouldn't hold air anymore. I found a rebuild kit online recently and it's back to shooting as good as the day I got it. It will punch clean through a milk jug full of water. I added the williams peep because my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

2011-10-24_16-28-02_890.jpg

My all time favorite rifle is an old Marlin 781 that my dad and I bought when I finally saved enough change I couldn't fit another nickel in the pickel jar I was using for a piggy bank. The local pawn broker traded me my jar full of change for the rifle and a brick of shells. It too was beyond wore out. It wouldn't feed, extract, eject or even fire at the end. I just recently rebuilt the inyards as well and it's back to being brand new again. It never used to wear a scope but once again, my eyes just aren't the same as they used to be. I shot a 30 out of 30 for my hunter safety shooting test with it open sighted.

2012-02-04_14-44-08_135.jpg

I have a few big game rifle I love but these two are my favorites.

Todd

Todd

I too have that sheridan 20 cal. I have thousands of rounds through it good memories. Thanks for posting.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-12 AT 08:58PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-12 AT 08:57?PM (MST)

I like the plastic, soul-less rifles for pure utility...

For aesthetics, class, AND utility...pretty tough to top it:

IMG_0745.JPG

My Grandfather bought that rifle new in the 1950's, hunted it until my Dad was old enough to hunt and took it over. My Gramps, Dad, and I have all shot deer and antelope with that same rifle. My Dad and Gramps both have shot elk with it as well...only fitting that I take it out and kill an elk with it too.

I've had this ruger m77 in 6mm since 1979...I've shot a mountain of animals with it...antelope, elk, whitetail, mule deer, bear, bighorn sheep.

Its seen some miles:

buzzwtdoe2.JPG

I've shot this club for a while, both in original condition and after a bit of work to turn it 100% utility:

Original:

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_3788.JPG

IMG_3989.JPG

Utility:
IMG_4619.JPG

IMG_4805.JPG

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-12 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]I've shot a plain jane M-70 Winchester in 338 for a few years as well:

buzzgoat2.JPG

dall5.JPG

Makes elk leak pretty good:

338.JPG

Turned it into a utility rifle as well...will have some picks in a couple weeks to share with that.

The sheep picture is a pre-64 model 70 in 30/06.

The other is a before and after of the same rifle...Remington 700 bdl...7mm RM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom