2 190 Rams from Arizona

B

Big10AZ

I have heard of a 191 Desert and now a 190 Rocky killed in AZ this month wow! 2 190 class rams. Great rams!

worthless.gif

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

There's also multiple 180's and I would guess somewhere between 10-15 170+ rams. We had two hunter this year and killed two 170+ rams out of one of the tuffest unit's in the state.

HOLY CRAP!

That is a monster of a ram.

Congrats to the hunter on a ram of twenty lifetimes.

I have seen several pictures of Arizona rams recently that look like they have been on Steroids! Something is definitely in the water down there this year!
A 190 ram has to have incredible base and mass measurements!

The 191" Desert Ram is a TOAD. I received an email with pics (live photos and kill photos) and it is huge. The live photos are deciving, but when you see someone in the pics with the ram it looks more like a rocky than a desert! I heard it had 17"+ bases!

I have a hard time believing that ram would go 191.

That is a lot of inches on a desert.

Maybe it does though who knows. You would have to see him on the ground to know for sure.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-10 AT 08:44AM (MST)[p]Tagalong - A lot of people said the same thing until they saw the kill photos. The body on the ram was huge and 17"+ bases make it look shorter than it really is. Heres a couple cropped down pics of the head.

8534untitled.jpg

398untitled1.jpg

Truly a monstrous ram. The mass on those horns is simply
incredible. Congrats on a trophy of a lifetime.

ELDORADO

Wow! Those are some giant bases.

I BELIEVE!! haha.

Sorry for doubting you, that is one heck of a ram. Those bases are unfreakin real.

If you want to see some Arizona "eye candy" check out this blog.
Some amazing sheep down in that country!

littlehornoutfitters.blogspot.com

The above photo of the rocky mtn bighorn is the Ram I shot in unit 27-28 this year with a muzzeloader at 201 yards. I had the fortune of hunting with my boys since most of the time I am guiding as I am Partners in DCoutfitters. After 20 years I drew this tag and spent a month video taping and scouting in between hunts. Since I live in the Gila Valley and hunt this area I could scout most afternoons. I will try to put some pictures on as I am new to this site. Unofficial the ram green scored 190 2/8 gross and 189 6/8 net. He has 39 7/8 inch curls and 16 1/8 bases and carries his mass. But we will have to wait and see. He is one of the top 3 or 4 in the Muzzeloader books not sure I just know the world record is 197 and he is the Largest ram killed in Az with a Muzzleloader. In fact he is the top 3 in Rocky Mtn Bighorns killed in Az with any weapon. But most important I was able to hunt this ram with my two sons as this was a once in many lifetime hunts. If interest a story will be posted and more photos. I have never been on a site so it will take awhile. I am a computor idiot. We also have some great video of the hunt

i guess i'm the only dude to have over shot this ram?

when T-Rex showed me the live pics back in the fall, i said that's a 190+ ram...hell, i think he's 193-94!

if anything, i don't think the kill shots do him proper justice

anyway, hear the rocky was an mz kill and is looking like the new WR

that would make two mz WR bighorn from AZ in one year

state is having quite the season eh?

ah hell 300, i didn't see you there before i'd posted above!

i'd love to see some more pics of your big rocky for sure

say, what is WR mz? i thought it was 187 4-5/8?

well, whatever the damn book ends up saying, what a fine ram! sounds like a great hunt with your boys---just a good deal all around...many congratulations man!

cheers

I called the Muzzleloader Society and the world record is now 197 +. World record or not I was fortunate to harvest a great ram. It will be interesting to see what the final score is after the 60 days. And congrates to the guy who killed the desert it is an awsome ram. Oh by the way how do you post photos? I am a dummy to this stuff. Thanks Dennis

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-11 AT 11:23PM (MST)[p]Shoot, why do the Society make the records so secretive and inaccessable? seems like a kind of fishy records program anyway

but i'd imagine the same 197+ dude is entered at the top of the SCI mz rocky catergory as well?

i'm sure there's some clever inside way to put up pics, but i ain't that savvy! so when you post, there is an 'upload photos' option above the text box...click that link and a window will pop up giving you the provisions to browse, preview and post photos from your hard drive or attached auxillary media source...just upload the image you want, copy the jpg title when it appears and paste it into the text body

looking forward to seeing more shots of your big monster!

hey, did you see the pics of the mz desert ram? he's a good dude too, but not as big or fine as the giant in all the above pictures...still a real hammer though!

Super great ram...many kudos.

You may be computer iliterate..like me...but you are one great sheep hunter...and that is more important.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom