1St Big Winter Storm of the year

Gator

Long Time Member
How is it in your area. Weather reports are for alot of snow thru the Northwest Id and in Wyo, Mont.
How will it help or hurt your hunts.

Hope it get all the way down to NM and give it a small dusting.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Headed to Rawlins, 63 and 87, in the next few days. I live in snow country and am used to snow and ice on our roads but there's always the choice to make of studs or not. I have one set of tires 75%, fairly aggressive thread, left OR another set of tires and rims with all season tread, looks like a mild tread if you ask me, with about 75% of the STUDS still left in them.

Which would you put on? I'm 50-50 on the decision.

Joey

I'm hoping it passes north of where I'm headed in CO. Got 1st seperate elk in CO, same place I had muzz deer. I want them to be where they were when I left, high and on summer range. Totally liked what I saw:)

Heres what it looked like in Rock Springs Wyoming on Monday morning.

snow.jpg

Recently heard that will are going to have a early winter due to an El Nino system. Time will tell for sure.

Brian

El Nino?? NFW!!!

We had that crap in the late 90's and early 00's here in S.E. Alaska. They said we're in year no. 3 of a La Nina - which is supposed to be a 10 yr +/- cool trend.

This event affects currents in the Pacific and I don't think we're in for a warm, wet one up here. Please God, no!!!

I will buy by family season ski passes this month . . .

Just a normal 1st of year storm. Very normal to have a little snow storm in mid-Sept. thru Oct. Generally fairly warm, so snow is wet. Makes for a few mudy roads but doesn't last long.

from the "Heatland of Wyoming"

Me and a buddy were gonna backpack into a spot on top of Sonora Pass in the Ca Sierra Nevada Mts....right around 10,500ft. The forcast said 2-6" of snow and 50-60mph gusts so we decided to go a little bit lower, around 8500ft. We went in about 5miles sat afternoon to a little lake I know of. Heres what it looked like when we got there.....70 degrees and sunny.......
backpacktrip008.jpg

backpacktrip006.jpg

And here is what we woke up to sun morning....was'nt very cold and we were prepared for it so we had a blast. Seems like we get a few light snows like this every year during oct. Did'nt find the buck I was looking for, but did see about 10 bucks and a few that are gonna be real nice next year.....still got 3 weeks of rifle season left :)
backpacktrip011.jpg

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Nice report and Pic's Hardway! I've been wondering what you been up to... Did you and the wife have your baby yet?

Joey

>Nice report and Pic's Hardway! I've
>been wondering what you been
>up to... Did you and
>the wife have your baby
>yet?
>
>Joey

Yes sir....proud papa now :) She (my daughter) was born sept 2nd so she's a month old now and things are setteling down. Now its time to get serious about killing that damn buck I've been watching all summer......If only work would cooperate :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It has been in the 90s up on Bunker Hill (as Kilo calls it). Sunday morning I woke up to frost and a north wind. The full moon sure was pretty though. So yes, it's cooling off a bit in Kali. 'bout time!

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

None, or very little rain or snow up Chester Ca way. Kinda nice out actually. Would have been a decent weekend to be hunting C-4 as the deer were hitting the trails south and west pretty hard.

Hardway, Congrats, you da Man!! Now go get that big ol roman nosed mossback ridgerunner! :)

Joey

Eastern Montana is getting rain in the NE part and some flurries in the SE. Hope this ##### ends soon, I have some prescribed burns for DU to get done this fall.

Wayne

Anyone know what it is doing in casper? I have an antelope tag south of casper and will be arriving saturday.
Thanks,
WM

Down around Scipio, Utah and South it is still dry as a bone in the low lands. The one storm they had was all sucked up by the dry soil. There is a couple inches on top approximately 8,000 and up. It's nice and cold though, dropping into the upper teens at that elevation during the night time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom