1965 Shasta Camper Questions

mevertsen

Very Active Member
Hello,

I just recently was given a 1965 Shasta 15 foot camper. My aunt and uncle used it as a hunting camp mainly. They got it from my great uncle, and I am not sure from there.

I am planning to use it as much as possible for hunting/fishing, but would like to get everything back to original as possible. It is in pretty good shape for its age, but needs some TLC. I think with a little time and a few $$$, I can have a camper that will last me some years to come.

They only used the stove, heater, fridge, and lantern. I do not know about the water system or sewer system yet.

The first thing I am working on is the 12 volt electrical. I am having a hard time figuring it out, and am not sure if the way it is set up now is how it was originally or not. There wre two batteries in the camper, one giant one with 6 posts, and a normal John Deere battery. I am trying to find an owner's manual or someone with personal experience that might be able to shed some light on how it was all supposed to be set up to charge the batteries, and run all the 12 volt lights.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Marcial

Try contacting these people as they are the Mfgt. of Shasta.
Coachmen Industries
2831 Dexter Drive
PO Box 3300
Elkhart, IN 46515
Local: 574-262-0123

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom