1937 Hunting Trip Modoc California

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Notice how Men then ... THEN ... Would Hike up any Mountain and never take a breathing rest. California's Modoc are is very nice.

I Ponder if many of these men, Then wealthy ( Per Say ) were World War One "WWI" Veterans in 1937 and some are older, now gone...?

It sure does not matter to me, what State, What Religion, Anything except, ONE Man spent tons of scarce $$$ to buy a Camera + FILM.

I have 8mm Sound Film and Video Cassette Tapes and never trusted some business to convert them. Hence, my kids have never seen the decades I captured.

Here is the Video:

Jagerdad :)

Them KALI Boys Shot all the TARDville Deer Off!

Got So Bad a couple of them were spotted Hauling Mules Strapped to the Front Bumpers back to KALI!

Then They Moved to Colorado & Started Wiping out the Colorado Herd!

Be Interesting to know how many were Snuck back to KALI in a NASH?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Training those mules on the first trip? Lucky they all made it back without a visit to a doc. A bunch of tough old buzzards.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

....thanks Manny....

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID40/1921.html

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Notice how Men then ... THEN
>... Would Hike up any
>Mountain and never take a
>breathing rest.

Umm, yeah - they took breathing rests, just like we do now. Most of them smoked 2 packs a day. They stopped frequently. I guarantee it. This only shows about 20 seconds of combined footage of men walking, and not a really steep grade either.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Now that is kool Jager...My Grandfather worked for the Modoc County Road dept..then..my Dad was born in "34" I'm sending the link to him and see if he recognizes anybody..Too bad my Grandfather could'nt see this..I'm pretty sure the shell station is in Cedarville..

>I wonder what they talked about
>around the campfire at night.
>Any ideas?

I'd guess the old ones talked about the great war, and the young ones listened cause they were gonna be in the war to end all wars. Interesting times no doubt.

#livelikezac

>>I wonder what they talked about
>>around the campfire at night.
>>Any ideas?
>
>
>I'd guess the old ones talked
>about the great war, and
>the young ones listened cause
>they were gonna be in
>the war to end all
>wars. Interesting times no doubt.
>
>
>#livelikezac

1937...you're probably right. "I read in the newspaper that Germany and some guy named Hitler are building up their Army and Navy in defiance of the Treaty of Versailles. Europe better get a handle on that."

"I think the US will stay out of it this time"

After watching the whole video....it looks like they were hunting mostly on the East Warner Mtn side and left there rigs down by the Nevada California border....it was before any logging roads were built...but I cut timber down their in that country in the late 70's early 80's...did buck hunt down there one year on a late season muzzleloading tag when Cal first started Muzzleloading...killed a nice buck too..

>Longun, I was thinking the east
>side too. Cedarville, Eagleville, or
>Fort Bidwell. Maybe.

eel, wasn't that you holding the leadrope when that one mule was pitching her little fit? Are you playing coy or is your memory not what it once was? :)

Great video. It does look like the escarpment near Cedarville, and that is a stiff climb. I loved the 36 Chevy sedan. Those folks worked a new car like it was an old mule.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom