1911, RELH, was this you?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
overton said it sounds like your shooting accuracy.

http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2016/feb/2/eureka-police-officer-shoots-loose-dog-eurekas-wes/

Eureka Police Officer Shoots Loose Dog on City?s West Side

At about 10 o?clock Saturday night, the Eureka Police Department was called to the 2900 block of Union Street, between Harris and Henderson. A caller had told dispatchers that there were loose dogs in the neighborhood, acting aggressively.

Police officers went to meet the neighbor who had called police. According to the official report later written by the officers, the dogs lunged at them twice and attempted to bite a civilian. The latter happened while police were interviewing the neighbor, in the neighbor?s yard, Powell said.

When one of the dogs made a move to bite the neighbor, according to the police report, one of the officers opened fire on it, striking it multiple times. The dog survived and, with its colleagues, ran through a hole in the fence, back into its own yard.

Hopefully 1911 & RELH can Shoot better than that!

They Screwed up!

The Bitin Bastard is still alive!

[font color="blue"]"This is the USA where people get Paid to Watch
People that are
Watching You!"[/font]

Never had to shoot a dog in my entire career. Except to put one or two down that been hit by a vehicle. Hit a Doberman in the nose with a metal note book to stop him from biting me, Rammed my baton down the throat of a lab-pittbull mix to stop him from biting me. kicked a med size dog about 4 foot to stop his attack.
After all that had a damn little Chihuahua sneak behind me and bite me on the lower calf while I was talking to the owner of the dog. Little S.O.B. ran away so fast I did not have time to use him for field goal practice.
Now I will tell on a fellow officer. He was the D.O.J.supervisor for the illegal crank labs in N. CA. We hit this lab in my county and he was first though the door and I was second as his backup. As he kicked the door and stepped inside, I heard him give a 3 shot burst from his MP-5 sub machine gun. I go in fast expecting to see a dead doper. Nope just a mean pit bull running away down the hallway after taking the burst of 9mm slugs while coming at the officer to attack.
That darn dog survived and we teased our fellow officer about taking him to the range for more firearms practice.

RELH

RELH, If allowed as a new Guy to mention something to your post. The DOJ Supervisor must have a Blood Relative who was on our SWAT Team. No names but as a Sniper, I didn't do as many entries per Month but we had one member who always was at near or, first in our Stack. We use MP-5 Silenced versions with no 3 shot burst mode. Mattered not if we went to Homes, Commercial Buildings, Boats, Barges.... if the rest of the Team looked around after things calmed, we'd find a Dog lying somewhere. Most were heading "Towards" this individual yet his contention(s) at times were that the Flash Bangs must be the demise of the Dog(zzzz). We joked and prodded him that if Lassie were around....more rounds from his Mag would be gone....He didn't argue back because he never watched Lassie on TV. I think he even got "one" with a Foam Baton. Whenever I hiked back to the load-up vehicle I'd ask him how many Vaccination Tags he got tonight. He never got upset and was calm of a guy anyone could meet. He simply/always said: "I'm not going to allow a dog to bite me".

However, region wide if we spoke among and with other agencies and the subject of Dogs arose, the room filled with talk.....Then laughter from stories of what happened. Few LE actually drop a Dog where the incident occurred.

I am amazed that more dogs, pit bulls mainly, were not killed by officers. It seems that every darn dope dealer, and almost all "crank" cookers had mean pit bulls for guard dogs. Some were so darn vicious that even pepper spray would not back them down and stop their aggressive attack.
I do not blame that officer for not letting any dog bite him. I knew an officer that took a single bite on his hand. It damaged some nerves so severely that his trigger finger could not straighten and he lost feeling in several fingers. He had to take early medical retirement.
On our SWATT team we had suppressors also on the MP-5s for the entry team. That way if the officers covering the outer perimeter heard gunshots coming from inside, they knew it was the bad guys firing.

RELH

Never Killed any!

But I Should have!

A RIDGID 18" Usually will do the Trick!

If Not the RIDGID 36" Comes out for Action!

Famous First Words from the Owners:

"""Oh My Dog has Never Bit anybody!"""

I Carry a Box of Dog Biscuits on My Truck now,Mellows most of them out but not all of them!

Some of them need a Bullet to the Beak!

[font color="blue"]"This is the USA where people get Paid to Watch
People that are
Watching You!"[/font]

A guy I once knew long ago got a job as a State Trooper up in Wainwright, Alaska. it's an isolated village way up north with about 99% natives. One of the big problems in the village was stray dog complaints.

In an effort to get along with the people and to free himself up for more important duties, he hired a local guy to handle stray dogs. There was no money in the budget so he actually paid the new dog catcher out of his own pay.

I guess all went well, at least for a couple weeks until the new dog catcher got so frustrated he got his 30-06 and a chair and headed to main street. He set up and started shooting any dog that came within range.

An emergency town meeting was called and that program was suspended.

I live in a small town that is nice enough but so poor, we are losing our only grocery store due to lack of business.

I go out on service calls in my nice shiny vintage truck and there's always the two legged variety of dogs thinking that being i'm a plumber, i must make lots of money.

I too need to carry around a bag of them Dog biscuits! lol

Anybody interested in taking over a dandy mountain town Grocery and meat market? End of March, i was told yesterday, they're gone.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey buying that store is for a person who is a glutton for punishment. Work 12 hours days and 6-7 day weeks for little more then min. wages at McDonalds after expenses.

RELH

RELH, Yeah, i'd say that you are probably right, lots of hours, not much pay. The holiday store in Chester, 12 miles away, does pretty good though. The problem here i think is that the owners just don't care anymore and want to retire. They now charge $10. for a jar of Mayo and people will travel before paying that. The meat counter is what keeps the store open. People got to eat.

Sorry for the Hijack guys!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

No worries Joey, it's interesting. I think your little close knit community would support a grocery store with the right management. When I was there I was amazed at how many houses are tucked away off the beaten path. Probably won't sell many $10 jars of mayo though.:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom