18 days to impact

feddoc

Long Time Member
Armageddon (movie) with Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton.

If you heard the news, '18 days to impact' , what would you do? Gather your family, right some wrongs, Head to Estes Park with 1000 rounds of ammo, have your way with Mariah Carey?

If you heard the news, '18 days to impact' , what would you do? Gather your family, right some wrongs, Head to Estes Park with 1000 rounds of ammo, have your way with Mariah Carey?
Was thinking more along the lines of Salma Hayek.

4E882D2E-5046-4A4A-B81B-84DD7AFEC08F.jpeg

I wouldn't come into the office, I'd spend time with the wife, spend time with the kids and their kids, eat lots of grub off the Traeger.

I wouldn't tap another woman other than my wife and I wouldn't poach.... but I might get the old towncar to 120 MPH again just for giggles and sh!ts. Oh... and I wouldn't pay my quarterly taxes.

Zeke

I'd be happy as a lark! Wouldn't have to worry about being disappointed again after results come out from NM's draw...

I haven't seen the movie, but I'd head to Costco for more TP and buy more ammo. It's the American things to do. Probably spend the last 17 days digging out a cave somewhere. Where there's life, there's hope.

After looking around for nearly 75 years, which is a fair amount of time to get to check out how things work, I’ve decided, every one of us is facing our own individual Armageddon. There’s no way to know which day our 18 days are start, but someday……tomorrow, next week, next month or next year, our first day of the last 18 start.

By now, I long ago, out lived my libido
(or as Willie Nelson said, “I’ve out lived my pecker, hee, hee, hee”.) So spend time with some strange woman would be the last thing I’d waste a millisecond ton.

It seems like it would be impossible to know exactly what we each might do…….

About 3 weeks ago, I think Zelenski, his soldiers’ and civilians’ actions, that have been watched on world wide televised….. might be a good place to look at typical human behavior, if we were each looking at facing our individual,18 days to Armageddon. As far as the Ukrainians are concerned, this is Armageddon.

I would head to Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill and in between holes hunt all of the blacktails running around the course. With a bottle of Woodford Reserve, Merle Haggard CD and Nor Cal herb!! If it's good enough for Willie and Toby, it's good enough for me!

I haven't seen the movie, but I'd head to Costco for more TP and buy more ammo. It's the American things to do. Probably spend the last 17 days digging out a cave somewhere. Where there's life, there's hope.
Any underground salt mines with an e-trike battery charge distance from you eel?

Salt mines are stable, without cribbing or bracing. The one in Pennsylvania, is under Lake Erie. The mine is 1,800 feet below Lake Erie. No nuke is gonna touch ya down there.

Time to start prospecting. Lots of old dry lake beds, below sea level, in the Great Basin. Some 6000 year old salt beds which are with in 30’ of the surface. If we’re gonna dig out a cave, let’s dig a good one. Hell we can sell the salt to the elk hunters, to the ranchers, to pay for the loader and the ore truck.

0620442B-9CF5-4779-ABB2-B5E05222C44D.jpeg

Any underground salt mines with an e-trike battery charge distance from you eel?

Salt mines are stable, without cribbing or bracing. The one in Pennsylvania, is under Lake Erie. The mine is 1,800 feet below Lake Erie. No nuke is gonna touch ya down there.

Time to start prospecting. Lots of old dry lake beds, below sea level, in the Great Basin. Some 6000 year old salt beds which are with in 30’ of the surface. If we’re gonna dig out a cave, let’s dig a good one. Hell we can sell the salt to the elk hunters, to the ranchers, to pay for the loader and the ore truck.

View attachment 71981
Great place to be. They won't have to bury us.

Anchorage. But just bought a house in Eagle River.
I have been meaning to ask ya for quite a while. My best friend, college teammate/roommate was from the Anchorage/ Homer area. After college he dabbled around a bit with the NFL combine and had a few tryouts. He figured he didn't have what it took so he used his aviation degree and flew for Alaskan Airlines the next 24 years. He was just here in Vegas a year ago on a layover and he looked like he could still play ball! Took great care of himself. Last summer he flew a plane back to Anchorage from Hawaii and a week later, friken COVID took him out. Guess his co-pilot gave it to him. Long story but I guess that was his Armageddon. Name was Eric Moss, being from that area, you might have heard about this. Eric, his wife and 2 kids were living in Wasilla at the time.

In the words of a long past friend "I wanna screw an ugly old lady, and spend the rest of my life regretting it!!!" :)

I have been meaning to ask ya for quite a while. My best friend, college teammate/roommate was from the Anchorage/ Homer area. After college he dabbled around a bit with the NFL combine and had a few tryouts. He figured he didn't have what it took so he used his aviation degree and flew for Alaskan Airlines the next 24 years. He was just here in Vegas a year ago on a layover and he looked like he could still play ball! Took great care of himself. Last summer he flew a plane back to Anchorage from Hawaii and a week later, friken COVID took him out. Guess his co-pilot gave it to him. Long story but I guess that was his Armageddon. Name was Eric Moss, being from that area, you might have heard about this. Eric, his wife and 2 kids were living in Wasilla at the time.
Yes sir I met him a couple times. It was a shock for sure. I believe he was in his early 50s. Sad deal for sure!

Yes sir I met him a couple times. It was a shock for sure. I believe he was in his early 50s. Sad deal for sure!
Small world man. We will hopefully be up there this summer sometime to see his family. He was 53. There is a stone with his name engraved at his yearly, family moose camp that I have to go visit. I will look you up! Ok, no more sad S--T.

I’d quit my job, spend the next 18 days with family doing whatever they want to do!

If I wasn’t married and no kids…I’d be on an 18 day shed hunting trip?

Eat the steak, drink the wine, smoke the smoke, say it like it is without regret. Turn up the stereo, hit on my neighbors wife and shoot the others dog. Show my wife she's #1 and hold my kids close and ***** the rest of the world ?. Oh and shoot plenty of ducks with my boys, our ladies, and all our labs, Henry, Bow, and Peaches.

Wake up early and go to work. Tell my kids to keep studying. On Sunday make sure I give lots of thanks and praise. Make sure my wife knows it was totally worth it.

Maybe eat some extra ice cream.

Grab a couple kegs clear out the liquor cabinet and party my ass off. Try and do whatever my young kids want to do and for sure shoot a bunch of feral horses long range and close range.

Now that I think about it, I would hang every trail camera I had. Of course for it to mean anything, the 18 days to impact would need to be Aug 1- 18...

I'd Have a 55 Gallon Drum of DEW Chilled to a Slushy state Admiring My SmokePole With An Illegal Scope on it!
That’s it?!

I thought you’d finally hit the San Juan on an illegal elk hunt, kill a pisscutter with Mossback THEN drink a drum of Dew and celebrate?!

Moments before impact I'll be standing naked on the roof of my house. Be a helluva ride outta this place and into the next.!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom