18 archery elk

I had the tag. Miserable hunting conditions. Lost hiker didnt help things. But in all honesty, there was not enough elk in this unit to warrant a new hunt, plus RAISE tag numbers. I had 9 6x6 bulls 15 ft to 42 yards I could have killed, but only saw 1 bull over 310. I was packed in everywhere with horses and mules. I would like to try it again, but full moon, HOT dry and no bugeling made it a VERY tough hunt. Had a blast anyhow tho! Went home empty, but not for lack of opportunity...lack of quality. But that was the last 2 weeks of season.....last year was a good year to have the tag....not this year.

I had a feeling... rifle hunted it last year(1st time in 18) the locals where very upset about the archery. the elk where spread all over... not many good bulls. last year they slayed them,bow hunt. going back for deer this year, did you see any good bucks?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom