17 NR CO elk points

Paul_Crawford

Long Time Member
My best friend keeps trying unit 61 first season, but can never seem to catch up. Always one point behind. Kind of like "chasing the dragon". What are some other trophy bull units? He has already taken bulls scoring 376 and 384. Thanks in advance, pc

We are in the same boat. When we started applying for Colorado you could draw 61 archery with 6 points. We have 16 going into the draw this year. Still don't have a chance of drawing. Maybe in a couple of years.

I am in the same boat just a few years behind you guys. I will have 14 points after the draw this year. I am still a few years away from 61 archery. It always seems to keep the same number of years ahead of me.

If he is looking for bulls like the ones he's already killed he needs to look in another state:)

The mountains, not the hills.

He does. Has points for every rocky Mountain state, I beleve. Wants to use the CO points to get the best bull he can. He's no ORDINARY hunter. Like Jeremiah Johnson. PC

Then why is he looking at 61? There are other units for elk in the state with better quality. Same for deer. 21 is not the only unit,contrary to Huntin Fool belief.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom