B

bucklover

I tried to resist! I really did! Went to Sportsman's yesterday with a couple of buddies. I had $50. worth of gift cards and $150. in cash. I was just going to buy a few little things. We ended up at the optics counter, looking over various products. This little voice kept whispering in my ear: (Why buy a bunch of little things?, go ahead and get what you want.) So I did! Got the Leica 1600. Both my buddies have the 1200s, and now I'm not jealous any more, just broke!

Bucklover, how is it compared to the 1200's? I have been debating rather to get one or not. How far will it read on a sunny bright day?
Thanks, Elkhuntr

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-11 AT 02:09PM (MST)[p]Like i said, both friends that went with me have the 1200s and I know at least one of them was wishing he had the 1600. I probably would have gotten the 1200 but Sportsman's didn't have one. As I was driving home one of my friends was messing with my new 1600, reading the manual and setting it on yards etc. The main difference is it is supposed to adjust holdover for your particular caliber once you program information in. It also adjusts for steepness, up or down shooting. But as he was reading he thought that was only good up to around 550 yards. It also takes into account the barometer and the temperature. I haven't had time to take it out and put it through a bunch of field testing. All I can say is I love their 1200's so I assume the new 1600's are pretty impressive also. As I learn more about it I will post my new found knowledge.

I've had one for awhile now and used it this last season. I had the 1200 and had it stolen so then upgraded to the 1600. When I originally bought it I thought the 1600 took the angle and temperature into consideration and then gave the according yardage. That is not the case. It gives the yardage the same as the 1200 but then tells you what the hold over is. That's great and all except when you have a custom BDC dial on your scope so you don't have to hold over. I would like for it to just spit out the yardage with the angle already taken out of it. The other thing is the 1600 takes longer to spit the number out than the 1200. Not a big deal unless you are in a hurry. I have had readings out to 1450 yards on a sunny day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom