15x56 Swaros

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
I have my heart set on the 15x56 Swarovskis. I would like to hear from those that have used them, especially negative comments since I'm already convinced they are my next purchase.

Well, I can't give you anything negative simply because there is NOTHING negative about these bad boys!!!! You will NOT be disapointed! Do yourself a favor and buy a good tripod to go along with them though, they are a little hard to hold still when you want to zero in on something.

its hard to spend 2000.00 on them but after you first day out you will know why there that much there worth every penny have had mine for about a year and never regreted it once there simply the best

I went alot of years wanting them but never able to 'bite the bullent' and buy them. One day I woke up and realized that 'I wasn't getting any younger and they aren't getting any cheaper' so I just ordered them.

Almost brought a tear to my eye after I realized just how much I had been missing over the years.

Check Bear Basin. I bought mine a year ago and they were the 2004 model on closeout. I paid $1550 for them. Right now they have some for $1700ish that includes a Bogen and a case.

Check clearanceoptics.com (Bear Basin)
15X 56mm B Choice of Green or Black (Armor Coated) (The 15X 56 Light Weight Works Package Includes A Compact Bogen 728 Tripod, W Pant Tilt Hd & Quick Release Plate, Nylon Tripod Carrying Case, Swarovski Tripod Adapter ) This is a very limited number offering. When the 2004 models are gone, there will be no more! SWA5809-2004WORKS -SPECIAL-
$1749

They are heavy and I do not recommend them as a pair of binocs to wear around your neck and hunt with as you would a pair of 8x's or 10x's. But when you put them on a tripod they are sweet! fatrooster.

Check the Bargain Barn at Cabelas and Basspro for returns you can get a smoking deal sometimes I got mine for 1300 and tax they was a returned x-mas gift or something.

I paid 1300$ for mine years ago and there is nothing wrong with them,they work great,but as stated get a tripod even a cheap one and your set to go....Devlin

Thanks guys. I can't wait. Next month or 2 for sure. Get my money into Colorado, and Wyoming deer then i'll be the proud owner of the ultimate glass. Hope I'm not able to pay off the credit card with refund checks though.

The 15x56's have been very good for me especially when used on a tripod.I switched out the standard eye pieces,and replaced with the winged eye cups.Good choice no negative comment about them other than they will get you in trouble when you realize exactly how far out you will glass game.Thats a good problem to have.

I can't boast about getting mine for $1300, but I am still just as happy after spending $1800. Nothing that I have tried so far is as good as finding game. Here in Idaho the land is far and wide, so 5 miles is not uncommon on Elk, and 3-4 for deer. Now the only nock, you can't really judge them with them so that is where the spotter really shines. Definetely use a tripod. Even resting them on shooting stix, etc just isn't the same. I acually started my high-end optics journey with these, then added a pair of 8x SLC's and lastly a 65MM HD Swaro spotter. I like them all, they have their purposes, but the 15x's just find more game than the others and frankly that's where it all starts.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-07 AT 06:32PM (MST)[p]I've got a pair for $1650 OBO..Only wear on them is where they have been sitting on my walking stick the past few years.

I have rarely used a tripod with them, and instead use a walking stick that they sit on top of.

I have had pretty good luck in the past using that technique.

Got a Leica 1200 laser rangefinder for $450 a pair of Zeiss 15 X 60 that have been in my gun safe for six years for $1300 OBO and a pair of newly refurbished by Zeiss 10 X 40's for $500 OBO.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Right now the new 15 X 56's are $1999 and the price is going up in January.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-08 AT 10:49PM (MST)[p]Got mine last summer from Doug/Cameraland. $1999.00 everywhere I looked BUT for $2,200.00 I got the 15X56's, tri-pod adaper ($109.00) through Cabelas & Sportmans, 20X60X80 Vortex spotter.

Basically I got the spotter and shipping for less than $100.00. He'll get my business when I upgrade the spotter.

Got the tri-pod from Sportsman's with pistol grip. Can't remember the brand, Outdoorsman??? Pricey but I love the set-up.

I suppose the Swedish bikini team or Budweiser girls would be better , but not much. I finally sprung for the 15's last year and could not be more pleased with the clarity and quality. On a tripod, I don't think they can be beaten.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-08 AT 07:36PM (MST)[p]The 15 power Swarovskis are simply fantastic. I got mine in time to use them on an Alaskan caribou hunt in 2000. I came home with one giant complaint about them. My hunting partner was always wanting to use them instead of his glasses.

Seriously, these are one of the finest binoculars you can purchase at any price. Be sure to get a good tripod to go with them and you'll be amazed at what you find.

Azbucksnort, how did you like the variable 20-50 on those Drs. I have looked through the fixed 40 and thought they were nice but big.

No negatives except for the price. Nothing will up your hunting game like a pair of 15 Swarovskis. If I lost mine today I'd have to find a way to buy a new pair tomorrow.

Super clesar, Super Heavy, Super Expensive.

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom