15x binos???

M

montanamuley85

So I'd like to get some high power binos for mounting on a tripod and doing some serious glassing. 15x or so is what I am looking for. I don't want to spend more than $800 or so and I don't want them to be HUGE because I do have to carry them, but I also need them to be able to see fairly well in low light. I'm not sure what the minimum objective is in high power glass for low light, will 50s work? Steiner Bighorns are the only thing I can find in the price range, but I know there is something else out there.

Thanks.

"...and now it's time for me to go, the autumn moon lights my way..." -Led Zeppelin

I picked up a pair of 15x51 Brunton Eternas a few weeks ago and I have been very impressed with them so far. They retail for around $500.00. You may want to check them out.

The Minox 15x58 ED's would be in your price range. Talk to Doug at Camera Land. He might have some discounted demos also.

RR

I don't think there's any getting around the fact a 15x56mm bino is going to be huge. Having said that, the Minox is the best bet in your price range..

We have as new Minox 15x58 Demos @ $749.99

Minox 15x58 BD ED BR Waterproof & Fogproof Wide Angle Roof Prism Binocular with 4.1-Degree Angle of View

The big guns in Minox's sports optics arsenal, the 58mm BD BR series grab enough light to be useful in conditions where other premium offerings no longer provide relevant information. These are large units right at home on a tripod, but can of course be easily handheld. The 10x58 and 15x58 models feature ED glass elements, which subtly yet undeniably increase contrast and color accuracy over the entire viewing field of the eyepiece.

Key Features
? Tough armored, waterproof & fogproof housing made of macrolon
? Multicoated roof prisms provide excellent contrast and resolving power
? Built-in ?2 dioptric correction
? Sliding eyecups
? Focusing dial and dioptric correction neatly aligned
? ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements provide outstanding color fidelity

Specs:
Prism Type Roof
Magnification 15x
Objective Diameter 58mm
Angle of View 4.1?
Field-of-View (@ 1000 Yds) 215' (71 m at 1000 m)
Minimum Focus Distance 16.1' (4.9 m)
Exit Pupil Diameter 3.9mm
Eye Relief 16mm
Relative Brightness 15.0
Twilight Factor 29.5
Focus Type Center
Weatherproofing Waterproof & fogproof
Tripod Socket Yes
Dimensions 8.9 x 6.3 x 2.7" (225 x 159 x 69mm) WxHxD
Weight 3.29 lb (1490 g)

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com

I would have to go with the Minox also. I just picked up the 12X52's a couple months ago and I am really impressed. Next to my friends 15X Swaro's they did pretty well. The only real difference I could tell was when judging deer out over a mile away. It would have been nice to have the little extra power. Go with Camera Land and you won't be sorry.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom