15 pts escalante kaparowits?

W

walkerman

been puttin in for potash but like my odds for escalante kap?
what size sheep they been harvesting on this unit i cant find any info pics ect?

As long as you are good at your handle "walker" you can find some great sheep in the Escalante. But I am told it is a tough, backpack hunt that, if you draw, you ought to consider a guide. While I have never actually hunted there, I have heard lots of stories from others who have. Some of the best sheep in Utah have come from that unit, but I believe you have to be able and willing to pay the price. The draw odds are some of the best for an excellent sheep unit. If you want the real scoop, you should PM Shadowhunter and ask him about it.

It's an extremely physical hunt and that might be putting it lightly. Also, supposedly there is a lion problem in that unit and has been effecting the sheep a bit. Shadowhunter would know best, but I've heard that from several people?

I have been on two hunts in the Escalante unit and neither was my tag. I suggest not doing it unless you have some inside information. If you do go it will be one of the most if not the most, memorable hunt you have ever been on. Hopefully I will get some pictures posted for you.

Man with 15 pts even though it isn't Max I'd keep holding out for the best unit year to year and you'll be there shortly with Max. I'd go for the new units that just open there is always a brooser waiting for some lucky hunter to come. IE: ZION!

Cozmo8,
I'd love to see your Escalante pics.

I too have 15 pts and have put in for KE more of less since it was a unit. Except this year I went with "ZION" like everyone else in the state did primarily because of the idea of hunting a never hunted unit and second because my wife is a 99.99% of drawing her limited bull tag this year and I don't want to have any other hunts on my mind during the year I have my sheep tag. I'll have to wait until the 2010 bonus point stats come out next winter to see what my odds might be in Zion with 16pts for 2011.

It going to be interesting to see what the bonus point odds in the other units go to this year with alot of the high point holders going after the Zions tags. I should be near 100% chance for the KE in 2011 but probably a several years away from Zions so well have to wait and see.

thus my name..patientlywaiting

I have 14 points and also put in for Escalante. I have been putting in for the Dirty Devil for serveral years but am looking at the draw odds of the Escalante unit. I would like to hunt another OIL tag sometime in the near future so I opted to go with the odds. I have two buddies that have hunted this unit in years past and both got sheep but said it was a very demanding hunt and not very condusive to pre-season scouting. I hope the draw gods are with me this time!!!!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom