141 or 130 Mule Deer Worth 6 Points?

quest

Very Active Member
Can any one tell me about 141 or 130 for mule deer. My friend wife has 6 points and wants to burn her points.

EZ hunts both of them, and if the weather is favorable you could get a nice buck, 141 has more high country and is a bigger area to hunt in, but it ends earlier.
getting a deer in either of them is usually quite easy.

141 is way down, so much that the season was shortened. The success rate also dips below 50%. So it is easy to kill a buck, but finding mature deer is tougher. Also some wilderness to deal with and private lands. Sad because it was a great hunt when you could catch them migrating on the later dates.

She probably will not draw 130 with 6 points. Which is unfortunate as this hunt could be drawn as a 2nd choice before points came into play. Really isn't a great trophy hunt.

I'd take 141, H, or G.

I'll pass that info on they do have access to horse if needed. Would horses help in either unit?

It all depends on your definition of worth. 160 or 26 wide is a good place to start.

In 130 the last week of the season is the best and if you dont have a good amount of snow to push the bucks out of the highcountry it will be a hard hunt. You will see tons of does and 2pts but it will be a lot harder to find a mature buck.

I know of several dandy bucks taken in 130 last year, the conditions were right last fall, and they are the same bucks with the same trophy genetics as the rest of the region H, in fact they migrate in from the north.

I had a 141 tag last year, I ate the tag but could have taken several bucks around the 170 class. The deer are down like in all the region, the reason they now close the hunt earlier is because it became a zoo on the BLM land in a certain spot, and its actually open until the 31 also but just on forest service land after Oct 21st.

You could use horses in 141 for the high country early, but for 130 or the late 141, it would be a waste.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-14 AT 12:03PM (MST)[p]I don't know much about either area. However a friend of mine had an area 95 elk tag last season. They were up there for a week and saw a couple of exceptional mule deer bucks. He said one was in the 190 class...

I have been hunting 130 for deer and 99 for elk for as long as I can remember and there is always deer there but you definately need weather and late season to bring the studds out. Its nothing like it use to be.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom