118 Elk

Abiggerfish2fry

Very Active Member
So yesterday with just minutes let I put in for 118-1 with 5 points and did the speical also! So I am pretty sure I will draw it! So question is! Have any guys hunted it for Elk and did you do any good?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-13 AT 07:52AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-13 AT 07:51?AM (MST)

I've hunted it twice for cows. Get a list and start calling landowners...you'll need private access to find the better hunting for bulls. Some nice ones out there, but also a lot of area out there with no elk....good luck hope you draw. I always tell people the best advice I have for 118 is to make sure you have a ranch to hunt before you put in, but if you start now you have plenty of time to find a couple (don't just settle for one, the elk move around like crazy once the season opens). Oh yeah concentrate on the western side and stay away from the areas close to Rawlins.

Thanks 30Hart! Yeah I figure that I was going to have to pay some a trespass fee on this unit! I will start doing my research now! Thanks again

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom