10500' Lake fishing

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Going to the highest lake in Idaho tomorrow. I'm stoked to take pics and slay some fish. Going to try a solo overnite trip.
9000th1.jpg

You Riding Your Wheeler right up to it?:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

I weighed the pack at 28 lbs eel. I didn't even take much. I guess I need to trade the Big Agnes sl2 for a lighter tent.

>Sure bess a Kawasaki will climb
>2000' in one mile.

Just Sayin DM!:D

Most of Our High Lakes are Higher than that!:D

Brook?

Cutts?

Let us know!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

I hate bivouac sacks. I sweat in them and wake up wet!
No, DW, I didn't pee the bed (this time). haha

Have fun at the 10500' lake DMad ane post up some more pics.

Zeke

>Gee, Eel, 10500 seems kinda low
>to this Colorado Boy for
>oxygen.

I'll bet that seems low for oxygen to me and you, Beanman, but Eel isn't from around "these" parts!
I'll be spending 10-12 days at 10-11,000' hunting sheep this year and will probably wish I had oxygen! lol

Zeke

That's awesome!
Helluva fish too.
When you couple the fishing with the beautiful scenery it looks like you had a successful trip.
Zeke

That one fish alone would be worth the hike. Outstanding!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-15 AT 08:51PM (MST)[p]Sweet madness! Thanx fer takein us along. I sweat in em too zeke but there's nothin lighter. Summer trip like that I'd just take a tarp, a few nails, some rope, and some spring clips. I did it on a solo elk hunt 6 years ago in october. Was a 1 night deal, killed a bull in the am, threw it on the horse and walked out. Back to the pickup before dark. :D

341520150708161702.jpg

705820150708155000.jpg

798920150708085235.jpg

I like the last pic as you can see the fish rising. I used a grasshopper fly with a casting bubble. The big fish smashed 2 bubbles in half so I didn't even get to fish the second day. It was an awesome trip and the sore feet from scrambling all over rocks worth it.
Elk and the 2 Wolverines were a treat. I slept in a Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2, a Big Agnes Q-CORE pad and a Big Agnes Boot Jack down bag.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-15 AT 12:09PM (MST)[p]My tent is in the extreme left of the pic . I wish I could have caught a Golden - I did have one strike on a Kastmaster.
705620150708162336.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Beautiful place. Sawtooths I assume? I went on a goat hunt in that country and it was an experience of a lifetime for me.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Three things I learned from the trip :
1 - always take extra fishing gear and an extra spool of line.
2 - double check your gear and use stuff sacks for every thing and triple check your list as I missed a couple things.
3- Don't let your wife give you Fiber bars to take because they turned my down sleeping bag into a Fartsack. Lol

Oh. I googled Idaho's Highest Lake and got Goat Lake in the Sawtooths.

My son had a mountain goat tag in 2008. I went along with him. Breath taking beauty.

I think both Goat Lakes have been claimed as highest. Did your son get his Goat ? I wish I could go along on a trip like that. I never wanted to shoot a Goat but I would like to help someone.

He killed a nice goat. I did a little write up with pictures and posted it on the seep forum but it was in 2008. I can't find it on a search now.

Wow NV I can't even begin to express how cool that is. Thank you for sharing as it really did make a great read and I can barely understand how grueling those hunts are.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom