??

T

THEKING

i want to buy a new hunting rifle that doesnt kick to hard and isnt really spendyyy?????

perverably an alaround gun that i can shoot coytes up to elk??

i already have a 30-06 and i want something a little bit smaller

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-09 AT 10:32PM (MST)[p]keep the '06 for elk, and get a 257 or 25'06 for everything up to deer.

If your looking for the mythical all around do all cartridge, you already have it!

I have the .30-06 for big game and the .22-250 for everything from prairie dogs to coyotes to...antelope. Other than my Ruger 10-.22 and my twelve guage....that's all I need other than a handgun. Why have two guns that do the same thing unless you want two guns that do the same thing?

A lot of good suggestions. Since you already have an ought six -I like the 25-06 idea. .270 is too close to what you have. imo

Just shoot some lighter weight bullets out of your '06. One of the benefits of a 30 cal vs. a .270, .257, etc. is the variety of bullet weight options. You can shoot a 110 grain or 220 grain bullet for big game. A lighter bullet will mean less recoil. I shoot a 130 grain bullet at 3150 fps out of my '06 with 270ish ballistics, but I know that if I want to shoot a black bear at close quarters I could load up some 220 grain round nose. You have the right gun, just try a different load.

Now if you just plain want to buy a new gun that is a different story...

Dax

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom