10 deer points-where to go?

300wbymann

hey guys, i have 10 deer points, and i want to use them to shoot a pig for my wall!
what unit would you suggest?
i'm willing to buy a bow or muzzy if thats what i should use.( i've been looking at them on line and can get a good used one , of either, for pretty cheap)

if you have 10 points for oregon and want to kill a pig you should go to Colorado, :)
im joking, (kind of) well there are only a few hunt that you can not draw on 10 points.
if i were you i would look into the hart mt muzzy tag as well as the trout creek rifle tag. from what i am told the hunting in those places is not near as good as it used to be. but there are still some good deer there if you can find them.
here is a link on trout creek from another site.
http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=349245

>hey guys, i have 10 deer
>points, and i want to
>use them to shoot a
>pig for my wall!
>what unit would you suggest?
>i'm willing to buy a bow
>or muzzy if thats what
>i should use.( i've been
>looking at them on line
>and can get a good
>used one , of either,
>for pretty cheap)

Apply with me (split your points) and I'll take you where you need to go :)

Hart mtn. #3 bow hunt
Hunt big bucks in the first week of nov.
only 6 tags- no people, no pressure, just before the rut kicks in!

Oh yea, no deer either that time of the year up there. What deer are left up there head south toward Nevada in late Oct.!!

>Oh yea, no deer either that
>time of the year up
>there. What deer are left
>up there head south toward
>Nevada in late Oct.!!

Except for the ones that head off onto the flats in the JUNIPER unit.

got it kickerbuck, i'll look into it.
great ideas guys. anyone ever hear anything about the beulah unit late hunt?

Beulah unit has some great deer, it's a huge unit though, so you need to scout where you want to go. I don't know anything about the late hunt but I think you only need 4-5 points to be sure get a tag for the regular season.

buy a landowner tag got to be cheaper than buying points for 10 years plus.plus they know what kind of deer there ranch holds.Gordon RAM4GORD

even at $8.50 a year, can i buy a landowner tag for $85.00? if so, heck ya i'm in!

>buy a landowner tag got to
>be cheaper than buying points
>for 10 years plus.plus they
>know what kind of deer
>there ranch holds.Gordon RAM4GORD

You can't buy landowner tags in Oregon!

excause me put in for landowner tags on private land same thing do we have to spell everything out for you!hear your sign Gordon RAM4GORD

>excause me put in for landowner
>tags on private land same
>thing do we have to
>spell everything out for you!hear
>your sign Gordon RAM4GORD

Well there's one big hurdle in your suggestion phuckface. You have to know a landowner!

wow another intelligent internet guy.sorry i wont comment on that.sorry your mad becauce i know landowner.name calling shows your IQ None Gordon

gee, Gordon Barr,you seem to have some good answers.....

1:"cost more than that to apply every year": I hope your not dumb enough to "only be playing the game" for deer.

SO-- if your mainly hunting oregon for the elk, like most un-stupid people, you only pay-------$8.50 for your deer app. SO----- $8.50 X 10 yrs = $85.00.....

NOW, "apply for a landowner tag", well it's oregon, you cant "apply" for a landowner tag, you must know a "landowner" to write your name down on his sheet. ( i do, x3) and that isnt the best route to go.

if you cant post up 4 oregon bucks over 180, you should STFU. you need to be a DAMN good buck hunter to come off as that big of a jackass.

now, back to the question that everyone else was trying to answer.........

10 points sounds like a lot, in Oregon all it gets you is one of the better less than exciting deer units. if anyone tells you they know where you can shoot a " pig " then rest assured they do not. sure every now and then a big buck is taken on public land, but every now and then somebody hits it big on the lotto too. on large blocks of private land chances are better, but unless you have a rich uncle from California with a hunting ranch plan on going with an outfitter.

I don't blame any NR for wanting to cash in their points and bail, I would. just keep in mind Oregon's deer herds are in very bad shape and trophy potential is limited.

Back
Top Bottom